Prologue

Before we get started I want everyone to know before they click on the next page that this is going to heavy. It's not going to be your usual sad story that mentions depression. There will be topics of drugs, violence, possible sex but I don't know yet but I just want to mention some possibilities about what you may read.

If you are sensitive around these topics especially anything depressing, relating to death or loss, drugs, and touches of self harm please exit this story. I'm aware this story may be listed as "M" for mature, however I'm going to be publishing this story on other sites so more people can read it if they wish. This is just a little project for me and writing from a person who has been through some things that may be mentioned.

I don't think it's going to be a love story for those that like the romantic type of Dallas x reader stories, it's mainly about him however most of it may be placed in your POV. This will probably be more of a friendship thing, but anyways.

I hope you guys enjoy and if you wanna read it elsewhere let me know, I'll send you a link :)

You couldn’t quite grasp the way the man before you had changed. Though, it wasn’t just him- everyone had changed. Even the atmosphere of the house that the gang had adored had changed.

It was unnerving. There was no noise. No hollering, feet stomping, beer-bottle clinking, or the sound of furniture being toppled over when the guys got too rowdy and couldn’t contain their energy.

It had the same type of feeling like- you know how you’re the first person to be awake in the house in the early morning? You knew there were others in the house, but you were just focused on yourself and what you needed to get done and how you felt.

The way the morning made the house slightly chilly and the sound of birds could be heard faintly. It was like that, but heavy. Heartbreaking. And no one was asleep, everyone was awake. And it wasn’t early in the morning.

The main positive thing that had happened was everyone was around each other more often and no one thought that was possible. How can you be more involved with each other when you were already spending every day together?

Maybe it was the fact that no one else is town could understand. Maybe the sheer horror that there was a chance another member could be gone.

The everyday routine was still there, but something as simple as brushing your teeth became an inconvenient chore. Everything did. You felt as though it may have been harder for Darry, seeing as he’s the caretaker of the group. The one who cooks for everyone, makes sure everyone is well taken care of, but how do you do that when no one wants to eat and doesn’t care if they shower or wear the same clothes for days?

To the outside world- it may have been pathetic and disgusting to think of someone not being keen on their hygiene and not caring how they smelled, but they just didn’t get it. But you and your group of family did.

But Dallas, the one who was laying on the sofa it was a hard thing to place about him but the way he looks and the vibe about him seems different than the rest. It wasn’t a secret to the gang that he had gone through some of the toughest shit in life but never wanted to speak about it, but everyone knew. He had faults and some already broken pieces.

And in an odd way; you felt lucky. Not about a man being down but the fact you had people to share the pain with, maybe theirs were deeper than yours but in the end, you were all grieving. It didn't matter if someone knew Johnny by more minutes, hours, days, months,.etc.

You were all very gratefully to know Johnny Cade.

You just wished he had gotten to know a bit more about life outside of the neighborhood and as silly as it seems, maybe some love and not just from the gang.