+i.

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

Once upon a time, a witch was tucked away in her cavern.

She stood by the fireplace, sparking the dying flames back to life.

She shivered, pulling the blanket tightly around her hourglass frame. Frost coated and solidified the tips of her inky blue hair. Her cavern was a prison cell of ice, and she was slowly freezing to death. No spell that escaped her trembling lips worked, and no fire bloomed in the hearth by her will.

Winters in Rosepost were terrible.

The lightflies she kept in her glass jar flittered about, mocking her as the heat from them made the jar fog up. The light from them pointed to the hatch, boarded up, hiding her from the world.

The young witch grew irritated at the noise, the lightflies thumping against the jar. She sauntered over to the jar, taking shivering, agonizing steps. She placed her long fingers on the side of the jar, letting her skin soak up the heat from it.

One by one, the energy from each of the flies drained, and they drifted to the bottom of the jar, their light blinking on and off. She held the jar delicately, holding it close to herself. Twisting the lid open, she let the generated heat drift out into the freezing air.

She sighed contently, taking in the warmth.

She heard the noise of thumping against the boarded up hatch.

She turned, seeing the dust that floated down from between the boards.

Quickly, she threw on a warm dress and went to investigate.

The stone floor stung with ice against her bare feet as she began to pry the wooden boards away.

As the last board was being pulled away, something crashed through.

It knocked her to the ground, making her slide across the slippery floor.

The young witch sat up.

Where she had just stood, a curled up figure was instead.

Her silky blonde hair covered the most of her face, but only showed her lips that were blue with the cold, and her short, shaky breaths came as puffs of cold. Her thin rose dress couldn't have done much good, either.

A girl had crashed through her hatch, and with growing annoyance, the young witch knew that she had to take care of her.

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.