On An Average Day

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. This was your average morning for Tessa. In the small town of Twist almost every day was perfect, including this one, or so Tessa thought as she was showering. She was a beautiful girl and she knew it. With her waist length, curly auburn red hair, perfect curves, and emerald green eyes, she caught the attention of several suitors.

         "Tessa, darling. You will miss your bus if you don't hurry!" yelled her father. Tessa's father had been the only person for her to look up to in her life since her mother died a year ago. It was cruel and tragic, the accident. And for her sixteenth birthday instead of a huge extravaganza, she had to attend her mother's funeral. She had tried not to give her father a hard time ever since then, so she hurriedly dried her hair and picked out the cutest outfit she could find in her closet, a strapless maxi dress the was accented with lace.

          "Father, can't I just grab something to eat and go. I'm gonna miss the bus!" she complained. Her father didn't trust the school's feeding program very well, so he insisted that she pack a lunch everyday and eat breakfast at home.

         Her father seemed conflicted. "Very well. Just don't forget your lunch! You k ow how I feel about their 'meat'" he said making quotations.