Part 4-It's So Cold!!

As they're rushing through the near-empty streets of Mayburn, Elithiana pulls Lilith into a narrow space between two cottages. Elithiana hears the Men in Black coming towards them and covers Lilith's mouth as the Men in Black run past them, not detecting that they were hiding there. Elithiana uncovers Lilith's mouth, Lilith takes this as a cue that she can now speak. "What just happened?! WHO were those people!? Why were they chasing us, and why did they seem like they wanted to hurt you??" Lilith said terrified of what they just went through.

      Elithiana let Lilith finish asking all the questions that she predicted would come out of her mouth before saying, 

      "Those were the Men in Black, and they are after me because I escaped from them," she said, while staring blankly ahead as if thinking of what she should do next. 

      "What kind of uncreative name is that, OBVIOUSLY they are men that are in black, what does that even mean, I don't know if I should be terrified, or laugh," Lilith said somewhat quietly in case the men weren't too far away and heard her talking. 

      "All you need to know is that they are dangerous people, and are not to be underestimated, because the cost for that might end up with you getting captured, which is not fun. Believe me," Elithiana said while she was observing the sky, as if she was looking at the stars in the night sky to track the time. After she is done doing this, she then tilts her head back down to Lilith and tells her, "But as long as you stay with me, that won't ever happen, I promise."

      Lilith smiles,

      "Okayyy!," and then pulls Elithiana into a big hug. Elithiana stands there, not knowing what to say or do, so she just decides to put her arms around Lilith. This was the first time she had experienced a hug in a long, long time. Lilith tucks her head in between Elithiana's neck and shoulder, as she does this she chuckles and says, "I guess I'll be staying with you then, oh mysterious Elithiana."

      "Alright," Elithiana says, the words exchanged between them now a declaration of their newfound companionship. "I'm afraid you're going to have to come with me, it is no longer safe for you to continue living your life here." 

      Lilith, still holding on tightly to Elithiana, tickling her neck as she says, 

      "That's okay with me, because now I have a friend, a cool friend that has a shiny knife too!"

      "Uhhhh, alright then," Elithiana replies not having any words for what Lilith had just said, 'friend'. Elithiana then grabs Lilith's hand, afraid that if she were to just let her walk freely, she would get taken by the Men in Black and leads her to the home that had been left in shambles to stay for the night. While they were drifting off to sleep, Lilith sits up quickly, 

      "Elithiana, why is it SO cold in hereeee, isn't there a blanket or something somewhere, my legs are going to fall off." Elithiana sits up and opens her eyes, staring at Lilith sleepily, 

      "Are you serious, that is your greatest concern at this moment?"

      "Uhhhhh, yeah! It's so cold in here, it's pure torture," Lilith says, whining like a small child. Elithiana, wanting to go back to trying to sleep, she takes her scarf off and then curls it around her own ears, hoping that this drowns out the sounds of Lilith's complaining. Lilith watches as Elithiana does this and then she lays back down to sleep, so she continues complaining for the next few hours until she falls asleep in the midst of doing so. As soon as the sun has risen, Elithiana is already awake, just silently observing as Lilith is curled up in the fetal position. As if Lilith could feel Elithiana's eyes upon her, she suddenly wakes up, immediately taking in her surroundings. "Woah, the sun is so pretty right now, and it's almost as if I can feel its heat inside of me, that's why I love the sun so much." Elithiana looks up and follows Lilith's eyes to the sun that is just peaking over the horizon. 

      "The sun is what kept me going throughout my time in captivity, it reminded me of my mother because she loved nature, and because her eyes always shone brightly like the sun before she withered away," Elithiana said while she was still gazing at the sun that's still rising. Instead of looking at the sun like she did every morning as it rose, she was staring at Elithiana in shock because she actually shared something and didn't just give a vague response to something that she said. Elithiana turns and catches Lilith staring at her, she then says, 

      "Lilith?" Lilith is scared that she's going to tell her to stop staring, but replies anyway, 

      "Yeah?" 

      Not breaking eye contact, Elithiana whispered, "You have really beautiful eyes." A grin then appeared on Lilith's face, happy that Elithiana just complimented her, and then Lilith gets up and walks over to her, gently touching her face and looking deep into her eyes. 

      "Thank you, Elithiana, you have beautiful eyes too, one the deepest maroon, and the other one like a calm ocean." Lilith said as she is pulling away but pauses when she notices the scar on her right cheek. "What happened?" Lilith asks as she motions to the scar on Elithiana's cheek. Elithiana thinks about her response for a moment and then tells Lilith, 

      "During my time in captivity, the Men in Black would hurt me, and one of them cut me on my face, so that way I would never forget what happened while I was there, the horrors that went on." Lilith now going quiet at what Elithiana had just told her softly says, 

      "Oh." And then she goes over to Elithiana, offering her a hug, not caring if she wants one or not, she gives her one anyway and ends up falling asleep in Elithiana's arms after a while. Elithiana lets her sleep there for a few hours, understanding that she's probably exhausted since they didn't get much sleep, and contemplates what their next move should be.