Ep. 05: She Likes Someone Else

Dahyun had just stepped out of her last class for the day, a sigh of relief escaping her lips. As she made her way down the hallway, she couldn't help but notice the throbbing pain in her ankle. She had slipped and fallen at the restaurant the previous day, and her ankle was still a little sore.

Walking had become a bit of a challenge, and she was moving rather awkwardly. Students passed her by, giving her curious glances, but she just kept her head down and focused on getting to the university pool.

As Dahyun continued to hobble down the hallway, lost in thought, she suddenly bumped into someone. Looking up, she saw that it was Jennie, one of her teammates on the university swimming team.

"Hey, watch where you're going," Jennie said with a grin, before noticing Dahyun's awkward gait. "What happened to your foot?"

Dahyun hesitated for a moment, not wanting to draw attention to her injury. "Oh, it's nothing," she said, trying to brush it off.

Jennie didn't seem convinced. "Are you sure? Can you still come to practice?"

Dahyun bit her lip. She had been looking forward to swimming all day, but now she wasn't sure if she would be able to keep up with the rest of the team.

"I'll be fine," she said with a forced smile, not wanting to let her teammates down.

Jennie still looked worried, but she didn't press the matter any further. "Okay, if you say so."

Dahyun looked at Jennie, feeling a sudden sense of camaraderie. "Hey, do you want to walk together to practice?" she asked, hoping to distract Jennie from her worries.

Jennie smiled gratefully. "Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks, Dahyun."

As they walked towards the pool, Jennie started talking about the upcoming semi-finals. "I heard the team we're clashing with is really good. I'm worried we won't be able to keep up."

Dahyun listened to Jennie's worries and nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I heard that too. But I think we should really take our practice seriously and give it our all. We have to make sure we're fully prepared for the semi-finals," she said, trying to sound confident.

Jennie nodded in agreement. "You're right. We can't let our guard down now. We have to work hard and give it our best shot. I really hope we win," she said, determination shining in her eyes.

Dahyun smiled at Jennie's optimism. "We will win, Jennie. We just have to believe in ourselves and our abilities," she said, trying to encourage her teammate.

Jennie's face brightened up a little at Dahyun's words. "Yeah, you're right. We just have to believe in ourselves," she said, sounding a little more hopeful.

Dahyun nodded, glad that she could make Jennie feel a little better. "So, who are we going up against?" she asked, curious.

Jennie's expression turned serious again. "We're going up against Moonbyul, Solar, Wheein, and Hwasa. They won in their university and became qualified to advance to the semi-finals," she said, her tone indicating that she knew they were up against a tough team.

Dahyun felt a sting of nervousness in her chest at the mention of Moonbyul's name. She knew the girl well, as they both performed the freestyle in the swimming medley relay. They had always had a close fight whenever they were up against each other, and Dahyun knew just how good she was.

"Moonbyul is really tough," she said, her voice tinged with apprehension. "She's a great swimmer, and we're going to have to bring our A-game if we want to beat her and her team."

Sana was gathering her books and putting them in her bag when Miyeon came up to her. Sana looked up and smiled at her classmate, who held out a pen.