1.

B

I have never felt this exhausted doing a photoshoot.

Don't get me wrong - I love my job, and most days I'm thrilled to come to work. Photography has been a long time passion of mine for as long as I can recall, and it's all I've ever wanted to do for a career. I've been doing this for many years now, and most of the time I've had the pleasure to work with wonderful clients who appreciate my work. However, there are days where you get unruly and demanding customers, just like the one before me right now.

I was called to do a photoshoot for a couple who were due to be married next month. Today was supposed to be my day off, but the photographer who was scheduled to be here had something to attend to at the last minute, and asked me to cover for half of the day. Since I'd be paid extra and had nothing planned, I agreed to it.

Everything seemed to be going well as they showed up on time for their slot, got changed into their outfits without much trouble, and were friendly with the staff - at first. It didn't take long before they started showing their claws. After taking a few photos, the bride-to-be wanted to take a look at the shots I've taken which I agreed to. She looked through them once and just decided she looked awful in all of them, and wanted her entire makeup look to be redone. This meant that another 15 to 20 minutes would be taken up, but since the next appointment for today wasn't until the evening, everyone just went along with it.

After her makeup was done up beautifully (again), the couple came back and I proceeded to give some simple instructions on how to pose for the camera. I snapped a few photos, and again she wanted to see the photos. I showed them to her, and this time she complained that her face didn't look good, and wanted another angle instead. I thought that perhaps my judgement was a little lacking today and let it pass, so I went with her wishes and took the photos again with her face at a slightly different angle. The photoshoot continued, but not for long until another complaint came - from the groom-to-be this time.

"Hey, why do I look shorter than her in this picture? Redo it!" He barked.

By this time, I was getting annoyed by their snide remarks, but I have a remarkable ability to keep a straight face even when I'm about to blow my top. I kept my cool and proceeded to do what he wanted. The photoshoot went on like this for what felt like forever, with the couple whining and demanding things from me and my colleagues. I had expected one of them to be yelling back at the couple by now, but I was told that they were influential people that we shouldn't mess with. Not wanting to invite any trouble, I just gritted my teeth and did my job, while hoping that the time would pass faster.

"You guys did such a poor job and awful service, and still expect us to pay the full price?" The lady screeched. They were making payment at the counter after the photoshoot was done, and now they were kicking up a fuss about the cost.

"But sir, madam...these were the prices that you agreed to during our discussion about the packages earlier. This was the form you signed, no?" My colleague, Snow, asked while showing the couple a piece of paper with all the information that had their signatures on it.

"Yeah, but shouldn't you be giving us some sort of discount with the terrible service we've been given today? Bad makeup, a lousy photographer, and your studio is so small. How can you guarantee that our pictures will turn out nice?" The man sneered. His fiancé laughed sarcastically at his comment, and I rolled my eyes while observing this conversation from a distance.

"Sir, Ma'am, with all due respect, our studio may be small, but our staff here are well-trained and proficient at what they do. I'm sure your pictures will turn out great, like the many others who have come here to take their photos with us and absolutely loved them." Snow said firmly while maintaining a sweet smile on her face. Everyone at the studio knew her to be shy and gentle, but she was never afraid to stand her ground when she needed to.

"Whatever."

Everyone breathed a visible sigh of relief once the couple left our studio. I patted Snow on her head and complimented her on how she handled the nightmare couple. "All in a day's work." She grinned.

I said goodbye to all my colleagues as I packed my things and left. It was only one in the afternoon, but I was already feeling drained. I just bought some fried rice from a shop nearby and headed home, eager to get back to my comfy bed.

Rrrrrrriingg~

The doorbell rang just as I hopped out of the shower. I briefly ran my fingers through my wet hair that was in a mess, draping a towel over it before answering the door.

"Hello, sorry to bother you..." A tall young man stood awkwardly in the corridor, his hat slightly blocking his face. "I was just wondering if you know whether the person living here is in? I rang the doorbell several times but nobody seems to be home."

His windbreaker jacket was dripping wet - it was then that I realised that it was raining heavily outside. He was holding on to a big bag, and I recognised the logo of a food delivery app printed on it.

"Oh, I've seen her coming out to walk her dog a while ago, she probably hasn't returned. I can pass her food to her if you'd like."

"Thank you so much, I appreciate it." He took a packet of food out of the giant bag and handed it to me.

"Just hang on a second, don't go just yet." I told him as I took the food and brought it in. "Wait a moment, okay?"

I quickly set the food on my table and ran to get a small towel. His face and hands were wet from the rain, and he'd catch a cold if he didn't at least dry off a little. Once I found it, I sprinted back to the door and passed it to him.

"This is...?"

"You should dry yourself off, you'll get sick."

He lifted his hat a little to look at me. It was then that I got a proper look at him - big round eyes, dark eyebrows and lips that looked like peaches. His looks were exactly the type that magazines loved to feature on the front cover. "Thank you, I'll give it a wash and return it to you soon."

"No need for that." I replied with a warm smile. "Please be careful while you're out making deliveries, the road's slippery."

He gave a polite nod and went off on his way. I went back into my apartment and sat down on my couch, staring into blank space. I looked towards the windows and noticed that the curtains were drawn. Wanting to get more light into the house, I walked over to open them, and spotted the delivery guy from earlier on the ground floor.

He had gotten onto his bicycle, with the big bag strapped behind. He had ridden for a short distance when his bike slipped, and he fell hard onto the road.

My instincts kicked in as I grabbed my keys and an umbrella and dashed out of my apartment.