~*~...The Secrets We Keep...~*~ CH 8

February 16th, 2030

Morning came, and I quietly woke the guys. It took me a minute to realize that last night wasn't a dream. It's all real, and I'm a mortal in the middle of it all. We made breakfast for the ladies and gently woke them up. Last time, we scared them awake it was black eyes and bloody noses. Lesson learned. Angelise was the last to be woken.

Shifting, being sick, marking, and meeting a Goddess was a lot for her little body. Even witnessing it was a lot. The poor girl must be in misery. She needs all the sleep possible, but food couldn't wait any longer. She needs nutrition. After seeing how weak she is this morning, we're all silent. It hits us how much pain and illness she's been hiding. Knowing that she was supposed to die Monday and none of us would have known until it was too late, it's terrifying.

"Thank Bastet, thank Luna." I whisper as I wash the last of the dishes. Now I know they're watching over my loved ones and can hear us; I'm going to thank them. The others must have heard me and understood because they give their thanks too. We hurry to clean up. Mirian gets Angelise changed before allowing Eian to carry her back to the house.

Those who are awake greet us and give their congratulations. The situation has been explained, and they understand there is nothing inappropriate. A few people in the kitchen come to see Angelise, then run off to bring her more food and some rose tea. Tía Emily and Tío Tommy join us as the kitchen volunteers leave. You can hear her stomach growling loudly. It's funny and finally breaks the tension and sadness we've all been feeling.

"Miss Angelise?" A girl about my age comes from the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"My Mom is a doctor at the pack. She's reviewing your files and noticed you need a lot more nutrients than you could ever eat. So, I, uh... I made you this." She hands her a sixteen-ounce bottle that can't be seen through and has a straw. "I hope it isn't awful." Angelise takes a sip, and her eyes get large. She'd be an adorable anime character. She closes her eyes, hums, and drinks the rest in record time. Her eyes finally open, and an innocent smile crosses her face. Her dainty mouth opens to say something, and one heck of a belch comes out! Done! We're all losing it laughing, Angelise is blushing and laughing.

"I give her a 10." Yes, that's right. I'm scoring her belch.

"Oh, I don't know. I'd say an 8.5." Todd laughs, teasing her.

"Bro, you just don't want a little girl to beat your 9. She's a 10 easily." Derek jumps in.

"Wait, you guys rate belches?" Tanya looks at us like we've lost it.

"Sis, we're guys, and at school, everything can be a competition." I tell her.

"Ugh, boys." Jani rolls her eyes. "Here I thought you were a gentleman."

"Hey, I am. We are, but we're still guys and still your brothers, though. We don't normally do things like that around you ladies." Todd defends. It's true. We try to keep our rude guy stuff from them. They probably think I'm gay because I haven't openly flirted or said anything about a girl in front of them. If I said half of what I thought, I'd be beaten to a pulp with their chanclas... again.

"Only because you're afraid of us beating you like I just did." Angelise says without remorse. "I win." She smiles brightly.

"I bow to the reigning champion." I bow before her. The other guy's groan and follow my lead. We know when we've been beat.

"Thank you, thank you." She says like she's won a pageant. "As my first decree, I want everyone to finish breakfast and..." she suddenly turns a little shy and embarrassed while looking at the girl, "May I have more, please? It was delicious!"