𒆜[2]𝕮𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙

BadassReads

BadassReads

"We should get going," Gab spoke and turned to his right to where Sebastian stood, hands tucked in both pockets

"We should get going," Gab spoke and turned to his right to where Sebastian stood, hands tucked in both pockets. He's leering up the crimson moon which looms down the face of the earth.

"Never in my entire life have I ever encountered such sly foxes," he faced Gab.

"They're humans," Gab shrugged. "They do strange things."

"You're insulting me, Gabriel," Sebastian finally moved closer to his older brother. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Mother is already concerned about your nightly stroll and you're supposed to be at home, finishing your paintings. So, I came here to help you with whatever you wanna do and then leave."

"It's been two months since those said gangsters invaded this town and the cops have found nothing still... and I think I know why."

"Look, it's none of your business," Gab had to raise a hand in front of him, imposing leverage. "You need to keep yourself hidden behind doors now that the Von Steins are lurking everywhere."

"I know and that's my concern," Sebastian's eyes dropped down the muddy ground of the park to where the murdered girl was found earlier that night. "I've been secretly investigating the murders a month ago and found out that the murdered individuals are mostly rare bloods."

"If you kept rubbing your nose against these crimes, one day, they'd totally find you."

"I think they already did."

By instinct, Gab teleported beside Sebastian in attempt to block the attack of the surging creature; however, his brother was already able to pin it down the ground, exerting no efforts at all. Gab watched Sebastian slowly hover beside the creature—a demon.

"Impressive!"

The two brothers looked up to see a silhouette of a man standing on top of a memorial monument. Although the crescent moon, which hangs behind him, shines bright crimson light, his eyes could still be seen producing a ghostly vermilion luminescence.

Sebastian already had a hunch that the Von Steins are the ones behind the murders; nevertheless, he wanted to confirm it which only placed him in a pickle. They knew Sebastian's affair with the rare bloods and they surreptitiously used it to lure him out... successfully.

"I'll distract him, so you could esca—"

Gab wasn't able to finish what he was saying when the man suddenly appeared in front of him, inflicting a blow which sent him flying in the air, and crash on the wooden benches on the other side of the park.

Sebastian wasn't able to move at all. He did see the attack coming; however, his speed in his human form is only limited and he knew very well that the man's objective is to unleash his inner demon.

"I've finally got to meet the chosen. Lucky me!" The man giggled.

"W-What did you do?!"

"Calm down. I only knocked your brother out while you broke my friend's neck," the man glanced at his dead companion. "Now, will you come with me voluntarily or do I need to cripple you first? We just need a few drops of your blood and we're all done."

"You need my demon blood. Now, unless you can trigger it out, you might get it; however, I can't guarantee your life."

"Fair enough."

Thuds woke Gabriel up and saw flashes shifting from one place to another. He sat down and did nothing but watch. The man is the heir of the Von Steins who seeks immortality which is why he needs Sebastian's blood. He wanted to conquer their only weakness—sunlight—and no demon nor cambion is capable of doing it other than Sebastian.

Clutching onto his injured shoulder, Gab turned east hoping to see the sun. Time is still ticking 4:58 AM. They need more time. Among their siblings, Gab is the weakest. He knows if he contacted anyone back home through telepathy, the man would hear it and could locate their hiding place.

Sebastian is already gasping for air when he hopped away to regain a few strength. The man is not taking their fight seriously which is both a disadvantage and an advantage to him as the more he fights, the more his demon side is being triggered... but then, the man is also forgetting the rising sun.

A little more.

"Y-You should have brought more men."

"We didn't know you'd take the bait this time around," the man was about to step forward when a ray of light struck his cheek and his eyes glowed into different shades of red when he realized he messed up.

"I didn't know you're this easy to catch," Sebastian chuckled. "I figured out you'd show up once I did, but I wasn't expecting you will around time close to sunrise."

The sunlight slowly covered the ground, leaving the man little shades to hide himself. 

"Sunlight ignites demon cells, right? Now, would you rather escape or die?"

Despite being at the disadvantage, the man lets out a chuckle. "I'll only retreat to avoid further assault then, but this is not a defeat."

With that, he disappeared. Sebastian knew the man knows he's almost at his limit which overwhelmed him and forgot about the time. He looked at Gab, who has already hidden himself behind a huge tree, and sighed. He realized he was the one causing the deaths of the innocent which brought him to a decision to move into a new place once again.

"A-Are you okay?"

Sebastian immediately looked to his right and was surprised to see a girl around his age, standing a few meters away from him. He didn't even sense her presence!

"I'm fine..."

"But you're bleeding!"

"HEATHER! WHERE ARE YOU?!" A voice of a woman resounded through the streets and the moment the girl turned around, Sebastian fled, taking Gab with him before the sunlight could completely cover the entire place.

"Heather..." Sebastian whispered. "She's a different rare blood."