𒆜[3]𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖚𝖒 [Top 3]

crime

"It wasn't entirely his fault, Stefan! How could you be such an idiot?!" Gab bellowed, his pale skin crimson with fury

Their eldest brother crossed his arms, faced them, and sat down the sill of the casement window of Sebastian's room. "I didn't say it was. You were there. Perhaps, it was yours."

"Why you-"

"Hold it right there," Sehun had to stand in between to stop the two, eyes shifting towards Sebastian who's peacefully finishing his painting.

"Mind explaining yourself, young man?" Augustus intoned. He just teleported himself inside the room.

"Wanna hear excuses or...?" Sebastian only gave him a blank look. "Unless my words could bring that demon back to life, I might explain things, but it can't so I'll take full responsibility of what I did."

"Yeah! As if you'll get out of there alive," Stefan scowled. "You're the smartest among all of us; you shouldn't have overlooked the ramification of their trap or you could have at least told me or Sehun or Augustus, what you were up to... but Gaaaab?!"

Gab could only grimace at his brother's not-so-direct insult as he couldn't argue with facts.

"You know how obsessed they are with your blood," Augustus massaged his temples. "All of their moves will always gain triumph even if it costs a life of a comrade."

Sebastian carefully placed his brush down and eyed the drying paint on the black canvas. "The demon I killed reeked blood of the people they slaughtered. Right that very moment, it wasn't my demon side that was triggered, but my humanity. It's truly my intention to eliminate him and I regret nothing."

"So, you chose to avenge the death of the dead over the peace of the living?" Stefan's voice rose.

"That's the only way that I could think of to at least lessen the weight of what I have done back then," a grim smile curved on Sebastian's lips, eyes meandering down the floor.

The four brothers fell out of words. Sebastian had an unforgettable past with humans, one of the reasons why they can't blame him entirely; however, the repercussion that he's facing needs someone to be condemned of.

Truly, the man let Sebastian kill his comrade on purpose that one fateful daybreak. He could kill Gab if he intends to; nonetheless, he wasn't the target.

Demon clans have mutual concessions for decades to maintain the said peace, thus, the Levignes now owes the Von Steins a life. With that being said, they might ask for Sebastian's for reciprocality or else war between the two clans will commence.

"I know what you did... my ass!" Stefan hissed, tossing Sebastian's phone onto his bed. 'Twas a message he received the day. Their family just settled in their new home and now, they might move out again.

"But, something's not just right," Sehun suddenly spoke. "Do you, guys, really think the message is from the Von Steins? I just don't get the reason behind the threat."

"Yeah," Augustus nodded, flipping his wolf-cut hair. "We should have received a memo instead for formality."

"Wow," Sehun grimaced. "What I meant is they should have already attacked us instead of threatening us. They already have the reason to do so since Sebastian fled. On top of that, they got his number, they should know our location."

"Are you saying that the Von Steins are not the ones behind the text?" Gab gasped and Sehun blinked, looked at Augustus, and then blinked again.

"Oh, please!" Stefan stepped forward. "Only the Von Steins know about Sebastian's abilities and they'd never let any clan know about it to avert rivalry. Now, if it's not them, who could have known about the incident?"

The four looked at Sebastian, assuming he might know something and he confirmed it with a sigh. "I believe this is not about the recent incident," his lips thinned. "Long before the Von Steins took the interest on me, I met a seer from the Dragomirs and he spoke something about a vision."

"And that vision is you, killing a Von Stein?" Augustus arched a brow.

"No, it is something about a man who will find its way to me not just for my blood, but for the demon inside me to achieve his goal of uniting all the demon clans and families by ruling over them."

Sebastian stood and moved towards the wall where a huge painting has been hanged. It was an image of a demon devouring a human body-an illustration of himself and his inner fiend. "I believe the message is only a fair warning from him to finally let me know about his existence," he turned to Stefan. "The incident he spoke of was far more atrocious than the latter."

The four exchanged looks, finding answers through telepathy, yet none of them have the idea to what Sebastian is talking about.

"Don't think so much about it," all of the sudden, Sebastian smiled. "You're supposed to forget about it anyway."

His brothers' eyes grew in circles when he raised a hand and with a single snap, they disappeared, teleporting them outside his room. Sebastian's negating abilities are far more stronger than theirs, so they are unable to enter back in.

Sighing against the humid air, he ran his fingers through the scars engraved on both of his wrists-scars he kept hiding for the past fifteen years.

"Alright then," Sebastian walked towards the window, eyes piercing on the full moon. "I'll be sure to be ready the day you decides to come after me, Damon."