4

Crystals p.o.v
Its been 2 years now since me and alex went on are first date and it has been quite a journey. We went on many dates and we even got to meet each others parents. Alex even got signed by the Houston Astros which is not far from lsu.

But it's senior year now and im officially getting my bachelor's in science to be a pediatrician nurse and Bergman is getting his degree in sports administration. Its been a crazy couple weeks and me and alex have been so busy with graduation coming up, and finals, moving out before the lease is up. We have been so busy we barely had time together in the past month or so.

As i was sitting in my apartment studying i get a phone call.
" hello?" " hi, this is carepoint hospital is this crystal?" " this is she?" "Hi, crystal this is Amanda I'm calling about your job application for the pediatrician opening, and we would love to have you be appart of our team." " thank you so much I can't wait to work with you guys." " we can't wait to have you be apart of it expecially with your beautiful resume. We also understand that your in college at the moment so we would love to give you a until july to move out here and get settled and start working for us." " yes, mam I understand thank you so much for this opportunity" " of course will keep in contact with you ok congratulations crystal." *end of call*
Once i hung up the phone I couldn't help but immediately get so excited i got a job offer in New York immediately after graduating. I was so excited the only person i really wanted to tell was alex. I tried texting him but I remembered hes at practice and there probably getting ready to finish up for the day. So I got an idea to get dinner and suprise him with the news at his place expecially since I know he always is hungry after practice.

*At Alex's apartment*

Once i got food and got to alexs apartment i immediately started setting up the food on the island table. When i heard the door knob of the apartment turning. " surprise I brought food" " you are too cute thank you beautiful but whats the occasion" " theres no occasion just wanted to be a good girlfriend but there is something I have to tell you" i said as i grabbed Alex's hands " i got a job offer in new York immediately after college" i said with a big smile But alex didn't say anything. " are you okay ? Is something wrong?" " no nothing is wrong gorgeous its just new york is so far away and im going back to houston after college how would things work for us" " well we can do long distance for a little while then your next contract can be in New York where we can be together" " crystal its not that easy" he said letting my hands go and pacing around the apartment. " crystal I already made my commitment to houston I can't just leave and I can't ask you to not take the job you deserve it you worked so hard for it" he said as he finally stoped pacing. " listen I love you so so much crystal but right now we're about to achieve different things and its not right for either of us to hold one back......." he grabbed my hand as he said the words i dreaded to hear from him. " i think its just best we break up" his voice cracked as he tried saying it.
I didn't know what to say at first but all i could say was " I understand no your right its just not the right time for us. But maybe in the future will see each other again" i said as tears started welling up my eyes.

*Play song here*

" i should probably go now" i said wait i heard alex say "if this is the last time i see you take this" and puts a necklace  in my hand as he suddenly looked at me and said "i suppose to give you it on are anniversaries but I want you to have it" " your gonna do great in New York" i looked up at him as tears were in his eyes i opened the door but before i closed it i said " i love you so much alex" and made my way back to my apartment but the minute i closed the door to Alex's apartment tears started falling down and they wouldn't stop i ended up walking to my apartment while crying. When i got to my apartment i closed the door to my room immediately i had no energy to do anything but I finally got to look at the necklace it was the exact necklace i talked about wanting since are first date and on it it was engraved was his initial and are anniversary's date i sat there on the floral and cried and cried more until I fell asleep.

Alexs p.o.v.
I didn't mean to hurt crystal I didn't. But we were both achieving are dreams and I didn't want either of us to be in the way or one of of us would be miserable later on. Once she left all i wanted to do was run after her and tell her everything would be ok. I love this girl more then anything. We practically grew up together and I probably won't even see her again. But maybe its for the best but geese I can't help but cry.

The next morning

I woke up and i was still miserable after last night but I couldn't let anyone see. So i threw on my favorite hoodie and some sweats and headed to morning practice. Morning practice was hard but thankfully we were in the weight room for now. I walked into the weight room and the rest of my team mates were already preparing to use a machine. Thankfully all that was left was my favorite. I was so focused on the machine and the music. I didn't even realize that i did more than my usual sets. It was until Brady and Tod started talking to me. " hey bro you good" " you look like shit" " haha very funny. Im fine its just me and crystal broke up last night" "she got a job offer in new York" "oh geese man thats tough" " but hey man don't sweat it look were all single now and you signed to a big shoot team" " you will have many other hot ass girls wanting to date a baseball player" Tod  said but I wasn't paying attention I didn't want any other person but crystal she's perfect but i have no choice but to move on.