5

10 years later

Ashleys p.o.v
It had been 10 years since i last saw Alex and i have tried to watch him every day on tv. But after a while i gave up and chose to move on. I got my degree and i left immediately for new York. I said goodbye to everyone i knew obviously but when it came down to alex I couldn't see him not after how things ended. So i left.... And i cried for a little bit but hey I'm chasing my dreams.

" what do you mean your transferring me back to Houston!" i said in a panic voice to my manager. " listen I love you so much crystal but the hospital is overflowing with nurses like you and i hate to do this but im transferring you back home and you will be working at Methodist." " i know you just got comfortable living in New York but its time for you to go home and open the next chapter of your life." " i got to go a patient needs me but you get transferred in the morning crystal i had so much fun with you hon but its time." She said as she left her office. The rest of the day I said my goodbyes to the other nurses and cleaned out my locker and took the subway back to my apartment and i started packing my things too.

2 months later

I finally moved into my new apartment in Houston again. Thankfully it was a beautiful apartment in the heights. I had my friends over today when she gets a phone call from her husband. She goes to the balcony as she answers the call. And the minute she came back she had the biggest smile on her face. " so i have news my husband found tickets for us to go the astros vs dogers world series game tonight ( pretend its 2017 and they won in Houston) and his hot coworker is coming." " you know alex plays for the Astros and I haven't even talked to him since college I didn't even say goodbye when i left" " what if we run into each other what would i even say oh hey alex sorry I haven't spoken to you in a while and didn't say goodbye but I moved back permanently now." I said in a sarcastic way. " common please its the biggest historical moment for Houston and you haven't had a boyfriend since Blake in New York its time to start dating again." " and hey i will be there with you so you won't be alone" she said " ok ok I'll go" i said as I went to my room and got ready for the long long night ahead.

At the game

When we got to the game me and nick grabbed burgers from shake shack as we ate before the game was getting started. The stadium was packed full of fans everywhere i saw different Astros gear and i gotta say some were really unique. " so nick are you from here?" " no, I'm from North Carolina i moved her for college at university of Houston and chose to stay and get a job here after I graduated" " oh thats so cool i actually was born in North Carolina and moved here before my first birthday and practically grew up here but then moved again to new York for a job offer then got transferred jobs back to Houston just last month ." " wow that's pretty awesome" " maybe since you just moved back to Houston i can show you around the new spots" he said smiling big I couldn't help but blush at his words. " i think i would like that". Just as i said that we finally left to go find are seats. The stadium was so packed you couldn't see any empty chairs. Lucky just as we sat down the game started.

The first inning was full of exciting emotions springer was on second base when suddenly alex hits the ball and gets an RBI as springer runs to home plate and scores the first point and Alex gets on first base. Suddenly Altuve steps onto the home plate and after a few pitches alex steals a bases and just as the pitcher was about throw his third pitch to Altuve. He swings and he ball flys near first base giving time for alex to run to home plate and score another point and giving Altuve and RBI. ( fast forward to the 9th inning.) it was time for the final pitch of the night and theres only one last pitch to strike out the batter and the astros have won there first World Series win. Morton throws the final pitch and the batter swings and hits the ball as Altuve grabs the ball as it rolled and throws it to Gurriel who's already at first base and the umpire calls the final strike. The whole stadium roared with excitement and joy and minutes later confetti and fireworks start pouring and popping off in the stadium. All of houston was so joyful and excited that we won are first ever World Series game the whole crowd of Astros fans in the stadium started singing we are the champions like one big choir. I was so excited and happy for Houston that for a moment I realized how much Houston really meant to me and this is where im ment to be at not in new York . I was very happy for alex and proud he finally really did make his dreams a reality.

We stayed at the stadium for a little while longer because nobody really knew if we wanted to get food or just go home. And after hours of talking and thinking we decided to just go home after all the drinks from the game was making me a little buzzed but still capable to drive to my apartment. After the game nick walked me to my car but as we were  walking i saw him. I saw alex.