Ch 1: The beginning of my nightmares

Beep Beep Beep...

"Listen, I don't understand what you mean by 'she can't leave' is there something wrong?" I recognized that voice, it was my mother's, she was a big deal in the law industry. She would refuse to leave the house in anything but a pantsuit, she had that stone cold glare only lawyers had, and quite unlike me, had a tan, warm complexion and blonde hair. "Mrs. Jordan, we just have to run a few more test and then we w-" he was cut off by my mothers sharp tone, "It's Nicole Gerard, I remarried. Now, I would like an exact answer on why she will be needing 'test' run on her." The doctor trembled a bit, under her stare. "My apologies Mrs. Gerard, but your daughter did pass out, and we would like to see the cause of that." "Is she awake?" my mother's voice seemed weaker now. "I'm not completely sure yet, I will check but can you please stay out here until we run the test." I hear two sets of footsteps one coming closer an one away.

beep beep beep...

"Hello miss Logan, I am doctor Smith it's nice to meet you." he gave me a warm smile. "Hi." I managed to say, even though it felt like my throat had been stuffed with a hundred cotton balls. "I am going to take a blood test and send it to the labs," he explained, "Have you been under any pressure or stress that might have caused you to pass out?" I thought for a moment, there were two ways to answer this question, one would be the more natural, sarcastic answer, or I could just tell him the truth. I chose the first, "Listen here doc, if I had any clue what so ever, that something that I was doing would cause me to get a nose bleed, and pass out," I paused for dramatic effect and gave him an angelic smile, "I wouldn't be here." I shrugged. My mom never being in the house and there was no way I'd listen to my step goof, I basically raised myself. So yes, i might have a few issues with authority, being I never had any issues myself.

His smile faltered and his eye began to twitch, "I'm trying to help you, ma'am" the last word was forced out. I looked down realizing that he was right, " Sorry." I muttered. He gave me a smug smile and continued to speak,"Well, moving on, we have two nurses coming here in a few minutes to take your blood," he wrote something down on his clipboard, "would you like anything while you wait?" I fiddled my with ring as I whispered my reply, "Can my mom come in?" He gave me a small smile, "Of course." He began to walk and then turned around, "Would you like any water or snacks?" I nodded my head, "water please."

"Logan, sweetie!" My mom exclaimed walking towards the hospital bed. "Hey mom" I replied weakly. "Are you okay? What happened? Are you on drugs?" My mother asked in a worried tone while checking me for bruises. I winced at the pain when she touched my stomach. "Oh I'm so sorry baby, this is all my fault." I furrowed my brows, "Why would this be your fault?" "If only I had picked you up this wouldn't have happened." She patted down some of my hair. "Mom, it's fine, I-" her phone rang, cutting me off. "Save that thought honey." She put up a hand and answered her phone. I let out a sigh, I knew the worried mother act was too good to be true. "I get that Dan, but my daughter is in the hospital." My mother argued with who I assumed is her boss. "Dan, I swear if this isn't important I will kill you." My eyes widened a bit... She's leaving isn't she. Nicole hung up her phone and faced me, "I'm sorry Logan, but I have to-" my eyes hardened, "Leave? Yeah it's fine, what's new." Her eyes revealed she was hurt by this comment, but she regained herself and left. "I'll come by later." With that she closed the door and I was alone again.

Beep beep beep....