Chapter 1

Lizzie's pov

I don't know how long I've been running, I only know that I was trying to survive and escape the people that called themselves hunters. You see I was born different like everyone else. I had ears and a tail of a fox, even my appearance as well. I have birthmarks on each of my cheeks there like whiskers and my eyes are red and cat pupil like eyes, my hair is the color of the fox's fur. Even if I look different my parents loved me no matter what I look like. Some people say I was born special, but others say I was a curse. I had a hard time growing up as a kid, all the kids would pick on me and call me names. I didn't care what they call me, I just keep on smiling and focus on the future.

Years has passed and it was my 18th birthday and I was getting ready cause we were going out tonight to celebrate my birthday. Suddenly I heard windows breaking and guns shooting and my parents screaming in terror. I ran to see what was going on and I wish I hadn't seen it. I see my parents laying on the ground of there blood mix together motionless. I look to see these people wearing dark uniforms and they call themselves the hunters. They were after me and I ran to my room locking the door and climb out of my window and ran. As I ran further I turn to see my home on fire burning everything I had along with my dead parents. I ran and never look back running away from the hunters.

As I made sure I wasn't followed. I hid under the wooden bridge taking shelter from the rain that was pouring. I started to remember that happened back there and I cried because I lost everything. My home. My family. My memories. I never trusted anybody ever again and my only goal was to survive and find a place to hide.

3 years has passed, I'm 21 years old right now and I was running in the wood's because the hunters found me and I ran trying to lose them. I heard them shouting and I scared that they were getting closer. I found a small cave that was just the right size for me and I crawled inside and turn to see they run passed by the cave. I waited for a few minutes to make sure that there was no sound, I crawled out of the cave and ran to a different direction. Few minutes later, I was leaning on the tree trying to catch my breath from all that running. My stomach started to grumble in hunger. I hadn't eaten for 3 days cause I ran out of food to eat.

Lizzie:I'm so tired of this...I just want to live a normal and happy life...I can't keep running forever...I need a miracle.

I look up in the sky and it was going to get dark soon and I need to find a place to stay for the night. But suddenly I saw smoke coming up in the sky. Where there's smoke, there a house somewhere in the woods. I tried to get up slowly so I wouldn't fall down and I walk to the direction of where the smoke is coming from.

It took me 20 minutes, but I made it out of the woods and I see in front of me is a small neighborhood. It was colorful and it looked all cartoon like, even the houses look different and silly. I groan when I felt the pain in my stomach meaning I was dying of hunger. I walked slowly holding my stomach in pain and as I look around it looked peaceful and friendly looking. I didn't know which house to knock on so I chose the one that was in the middle of the neighborhood. I walked over and I didn't notice the window house had eyes and it was looking at me. I started to feel weak and I was about to pass out any second. I reach to the door I knocked on it, but I lost balance and collapsed. I tired to get up, but I didn't have enough strength.

Lizzie:...h...help...

Suddenly the door opens, before I can even look at the person in front of me, I was already pass out.

???:...well what do we have here?