||Chapter Three||

((The next morning))

Douma was the first to wake up, seeing as he had to take care of the cult duties he held. He looked over to Taiyo, who had managed to end up fully under the covers looking like a little lump under the sheets. Douma smiled and slowly moved the little one to where they were still covered but their head was rested on one of the pillows. He looked over to the torn yukata that rested on the nightstand, waiting to be fixed. Douma sighed as he looked back at Taiyo and saw all the little scrapes, cuts and brush-burns they had on their small frame. He sloely got out of the bed and into his usual outfit.

 He sloely got out of the bed and into his usual outfit

It was a lovely outfit and it fit him very well. He got dressed and looked over to see that Taiyo was now waking up and rubbing their little eyes. They were adorable... Douma smiled at them, and figured he'd take them with him to go meet the worshipers and establish that this little one was not to be touched or harmed by any of them. Douma had somehow already grown fond of the small child. 

Taiyo sat up slowly and looked down to the comfy sweater before looking to Douma and tilting their head. Taiyo seemed to be slightly confused as to what was going on.

Douma First pov

I looked at Taiyo and walked over to them. I smiled gently as I sat on the side of the bed, gesturing for Taiyo to come to me. I watched as Taiyo sleepily crawled over to me. 

//So precious...\\ 

I kissed the top of their head and started to lift them and sit them onto my lap. I picked up a hairbrush and gently brushed Taiyo's hair.

"Taiyo, I am going to take you with me to my duties today. You see, I am the leader of a big group of people. And I want to make sure that they know not to hurt you or be rude to you."

I explained what was going to happen very calmly and in a way Taiyo would understand, given that they are a child they most likely wouldn't even know what death was, let alone what a cult was. So I decided to leave the fact that this is a cult out. I chuckled as I saw that Taiyo leaned their head back to look up at me, once I finished brushing their hair. They were too cute for their own good.

"Are you ready?"

Taiyo First pov

As Douma asked me if I was ready I nodded and he scooped my up into his arms. He started to walk out of the room and down a hall until he reached a large, big room with a cushion seat that was covered by curtains that were a scarlet red. Douma carried me to the cushion seat, he sat on the cushions with me in his lap. 

I watched as he simply snapped his fingers and a man appeared, kneeling, to Douma. Douma told him to summon everyone and that he had an important announcement. Just before the man left I saw him look at me with confusion. I tilted my head back and looked up at Douma, obviously confused.

"Oh, Little One, you're going to meet the people I spoke about!"

He booped my nose gently and smiled.

"Don't worry! It'll be okay!"

3rd Person pov

As everyone was summoned they were all really confused as to why Lord Douma wanted to see them and what he had to talk about. While they walked to the room that Douma sat in behind his crimson curtains, Taiyo was laying in Douma's lap and playing with the long purple things that hung from the coat he wore on his shoulders. Douma was just smiling at Taiyo and playing with their fluffy, dark hair. When all the people started to enter the room, Taiyo shot up and hid in the coat Douma had on his shoulders. Douma was surprised at this and worked to coax the little out of their anxiety induced fear. All of the people knelled before Douma and most were surprised to see him coaxing a small child to come to where the people could see them. When Taiyo finally sat in Douma's lap and faced the people, they were starstruck at how cute the little one was.

"Hello everyone."

Douma called out to the people and they turned their attention to him.

"I would like to introduce you to, Taiyo. They are of the upmost importance to me, and I expect you to treat them how you would treat me."

All of the worshipers looked to Taiyo and when Taiyo felt all of the people's eyes on them, they turned around and grabbed tightly onto Douma's shirt. Douma noticed how anxious they were and he wrapped his arms around them, softly rubbing their back and rocking back and forth with the little one in his arms. All of the people were surprised and thought it was adorable.

"Oh, and, you can basically think of them as my child now."

He gestured that they were dismissed and could now leave.

"You may go."