CHAPTER 1

A constant tap of fingers filled the dark room. The moon's light was peeking through her ajar windows. Etheneia could not close her eyes to sleep, she has several problem to work to until she make a plan to avoid the cruel fate.

She has only one year before the coming of her age and the cancellation of engagement between her and duke Xeven Ferril. Apparently, last month was his succession of the title due to its father's illness. Long ago, they were abruptly engage after Etheneia proposed to the former duke and her father. Etheneia and Xeven at that time were immature enough to understand the meaning of engagement.

Firstly, she needs to cancel the engagement before Xeven and the protagonist will meet in order to avoid the humiliation she will feel in her coming of age celebration. In the story, that was the time when duke Xeven announced the cancellation in front of everyone at the celebration while Etheneia cries in agony.

‘I knew both of the dukes will accept my request. Xeven hates my past's affection and my father will never care at my business’

Secondly, there are vast amount of creatures that will attack at the secluded village of Erosa, the protagonist's village. This world has various mythical creatures you can imagine, monsters, magic, sorcery and even divine powers and creatures.

Unfortunately, the village of Erosa will be the victim of the monster's rage. The protagonist existence is absent due to her needed assistance in the great temple where she mold her divine powers. When she came back, she just saw a devastated village and dead bodies of people including her family.

‘I can not forget how the protagonist suffer in agony from her loss’

Lastly, she needs to find clues about herself especially that unusual burst of power when the Etheneia in story became a frightening creature engulfed with black magic. She cannot remember about a single clue from the story she read but she knows that it is just residing within her. That is why she chose to stay away from the leading man's way, her trigger.

Etheneia wrote everything she can remember in a piece of paper and suddenly, she landed her eyes to a boxes beside her bed. It was the gift Lord Theo gave earlier, permitting her to go out from the mansion to choose her pace of recuperating.

She took off her seat and peek outside from the window. Suddenly an excruciating pain stroke her head making her to moan in pain and gripped firmly onto the duvet.

There are several images popped up vividly in her mind. From Etheneia's childhood to the accident happened last week. The pain lasted an hour before she sat on the floor breathing heavily to calm herself.

The images shown were the old Etheneia's memory. Perharps these memories were given to find an answer about herself.

When she calmed, she threw herself on the bed and relaxed before she dozed to sleep

After the sun shine and covers the whole mansion in a light, Theodore Cumbleron was working on some of the documents related to the duchy. While his parents are away doing their job, his father appointed him to become a temporary head of the house, hence he can attend to his sister's needs. Despite from the reality that her sister is his father's daughter from a mistress, he still unconditionally love her.

The door from the office opened revealing his aide, Marc Cañete.

“My Lord, Lady Cumbleron wished to have an audience with you.”

“Send her in.”

Etheneia entered his office wearing a faint smile. She step her one foot forward, hold her dress and bends while bowing her head.

Marc raised both his two brows in astonishment while the Lord Cumbleron found dumbfounded at what her sister did.

‘When did my sister learn such curtsy?’