ACCIDENT

I was going to be late today.

I should have known last night was a bad idea.

Spending night at Daniel's was not a good idea.

Uuggghhhhh.

After taking the quickest shower of my life, as I was running out of the bathroom, my feet caught on the rug and fell face first smack on the floor.

Today was not a good day. And it was Monday.

I allowed a whole minute of agony for myself and I quickly got up and pulled out the first outfit I could get my hands on, a black shirt with grey pants and black stilletoes. Throwing my chestnut brown hair in a quick ponytail, I quickly found a pair of diamond studs and did my makeup.

 Throwing my chestnut brown hair in a quick ponytail, I quickly found a pair of diamond studs and did my makeup

I was running around my apartment trying to find my purse and car keys. And as soon as I found them, I was out of my apartment. It seemed like the whole world wanted me to get late today. The elevator was still out of order, so I had to climb down three storeys.

At last I was sitting in my car, pulling out of the parking lot. But I was still 15 minutes behind schedule. I was driving as fast as I can without getting pulled over.

My phone started ringing in my purse. I don't know who was calling me at 8 in the morning.

Keeping one hand on the wheel, I tried finding my phone but couldn't. I was running my hand all around the backseat but it just wasn't there.

Giving up, I turned around and there it was on my backseat. I leaned to grab it, and as soon as I turned around, there was suddenly a person in front of my car.

After that, it seemed like everything happened in slow motion.

I tried to apply brakes in time, but still collided with the person.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

This can't be happening.

I killed someone. I killed someone.

No no no no no.

I closed my eyes for a few moments, thinking that this was all just a really bad dream and I will wake up when I open my eyes.

But nothing as such happened. It was all very real.

I got out of my car to assess the damage. The person was lying on the ground, a couple of feet away. He was not moving.

He was dead.

Oh no no no no.

He groaned. He GROANED. And tried to get up. As he turned his head, I saw his eyes were open. They were a very beautiful hazel color.

Thank god he was not dead.

I rushed to his side and helped him sit up. I assessed him for any injuries. There was no visible injury on his face but his hands were pretty injured and bloody. I couldn't assess any other injuries.