IT'S A HOSPITAL

I locked my car and helped him inside the hospital. Once inside, I sat him down and went to the receptionist for further formalities. She handed me a form to fill up and wait for the doctor.

''Hey, what's your full name? I need to fill the form.''

''It's Alexis Thorne.''

I quickly noted that down and started filling in other details as well with his help.

''What's your parents names?''

He went quiet and averted his eyes from me. I was shocked by his reaction, but out of respect for his privacy I kept quiet too.

''They are dead.''

He finally said after a couple of minutes of silence.

''I'm sorry to hear that.''

I said, squeezing his shoulder. They were well-built. It was an easy guess that he worked out.

''You can leave that blank.''

I was about to ask him another question, when a nurse arrived with a wheel chair for him.

''I don't need it. I can walk on my own.''

He got up and followed the nurse to the door at the right of us. I sighed and sat down on the chair. This day was getting hectic by the second. I just wanted it to end already. I closed my eyes and buried my face in my hands.

Just then, my phone rang again in my purse. I quickly fished it out before it got disconnected.

The caller id said 'Amanda'.

She was my friend and my colleague in school. She taught Spanish.

''Where are you?''

''Hey. Good morning to you too. I'm at the hospital.''

''At the hospital? What happened? Are you all right? Send me the address, I'll be there as soon as I can.''

''Oh my god. Calm down. Just take a deep breath. I'm completely fine.''

''Then what are you doing at the hospital? Why are you not at school? The first period's already over. Mr.Markle is asking about you. What am I supposed to tell him?''

''Just tell him that I'm at the hospital. He will definitely understand.''

''Why don't you tell him yourself, he is walking directly towards me right now.''

There was some muffled conversation and then it was Mr.Markle speaking.

''Ms.Wright informed me that you are in a hospital. Is everything alright Ms.Wilson?''

''Yes Mr.Markle. Everything is fine. Its just that my sister has a nasty case of stomach bug, so I had to accompany her to the doctor. I'm sorry, I completely forgot to inform you, sir.''

''Oh no no. That's fine Ms.Wilson. I hope your sister recovers soon. Can I assume that you'll be in attendance tomorrow?''

''Yes, Mr.Markle.''

''Perfect.''

Again there was some shuffling sounds in the background. And once again, Amanda was on line.

''Hey. So, I need to get back to my class. Later, I wanna hear all about your imaginary sister's stomach bug.''

''Yes, we'll talk later. Call me when the school's over.''

I put the phone back inside my purse and was getting up to go check on Alex, when the doctor who had been attending to Alex walked out of the door.

''Who is with Mr.Thorne?''