Chapter Twenty Seven

"I don't know how to bake," I frankly spoke as I started washing the dishes. From my peripheral vision, he's casually leaning on the long table, putting some of his weight on his arms. And I'm certain he's watching my back, giving me chills and pressure while I'm doing the wash.

I told him that I'll do the dishes myself, since the kitchen sink's space is too narrow for us to fit in. The place is filled with large baking equipments so the space for humans is quite limited. His steps echoed around the little room were currently in right now. He must be looking at random stuffs in curiosity, probably at the ingredients we'll soon be needing.

"Sloane, look what I found," he neared to me and I gave him a look. "I found an apron!"

My lips went round before it turned into a wide smile. He's wearing an apron colored with pink, along with a Mr. Bunny design on it.

"See?" he even did some poses and turned around to show me his newly found stuff. I guess he didn't notice the design, or maybe he just didn't mind it.

I closed the faucet and neared to him, still with the smile plastered on my face. He's also smiling at me, not until I said, "you look cute."

The smile on his face vanished, and was replaced by a grouching expression. "Don't say that,"

I raised him a brow. "Why not? You're really cute."

He pursed his lips and smirked as if he suddenly remembered something. "Reminds me of when I first met you."

I looked at him in confusion as I try to recall when and how on Earth did I first met him. And I hate myself for not remembering anything at all. I didn't know what to reply so I just said, "Eh?"

He laughed and simply shook his head. "I'll handle the rest of the dishes. Just dry your hands on my apron."

"E-eh?" I blinked, not because I didn't know what to answer, but because I'm not sure if I heard him right.

"I said wipe your wet hands on me," he clarified, which actually worsened my state even more. I looked at the apron he's wearing, and thought about what's underneath.

I gulped. I seriously want to throw myself to the river and wash my thoughts away.

"Sloane," he held my wrist and placed it on his apron, right on the part of his stomach. I wiped my hand on it, and I seriously couldn't deny how I'm feeling the hardness of his abdomen. "The other one," he said, and held my other hand and did the same.

Not a few seconds has passed and I pulled my hands and put it back to myself.

"Done?" he asked, and I just gave him a quick nod. He looked at me bewilderingly, as if he didn't realize anything of what just happened. "Why are you so red? Do you feel hot in here or something?"

I didn't say anything, and shook my head once again. I immediately went to the sink, opened the faucet and continued washing the dishes I left, wetting my hands despite drying it just awhile ago.

"I'll finish this. Just do some other things in there," I said.

"You're gonna dirt your clothes. It's not easy to do the laundry." He said, but I wasn't listening because I was rushing to wash the utensils, and my mind is bugging me about what just happened. No, ofcourse I didn't feel anything hard. I just wiped my hand on the apron he's wearing, that's all.

My thinking literally paused and my hands stopped moving the moment I felt him standing behind me. "Fine, if you insist, just wear this apron then." I was about to face him and get the apron but he held my shoulders to stop me from moving.
"I'll put it on you. Behave."