Chapter Thirty - One

"No, I should be talking with the principal as well. Vandeleur was a dick! Zuo Hang just tried to defend me and he did nothing wrong!" I tried explaining everything to Miss Lorraine as she held my arm, resisting me from going anywhere.

"Calm down, Sloane. The principal is simply going to hear the sides of them both. If you know that Zuo Hang's intention was clear, then let's simply wait for the higher powers to see it."

"But how about me? Aren't you supposed to be hearing me as well?! I was the one who got hurt in here in the first place!"

"Looking at your current condition and emotional state, Sloane, I don't think you can handle it. Zuo Hang was right. Your temperature is rising. It was obvious even without the use of a thermometer. You should take a rest."

"Miss Lorraine, I cannot just chill and rest in a bed knowing for a fact that my man can possibly be accused! Vandeleur is a manipulator and he will do anything to turn the tables around and get things into his favor!"

"And you know that your man can handle himself too, right?" Miss Lorraine asked, and I was taken aback. She sighed. "Sloane, I understand you're worried, but you have to trust Zuo Hang. Your involvement in the case is huge, and it is paramount to Zuo Hang's reason for going against Vandeleur right now. He will fight for you and knowing that he's on the right side, he will be fine."

I sniffled and slowly nodded at Miss Lorraine's words. I feel like I have so much things to say, however my mind is so clouded that I can't even put my thoughts into words anymore. All I know is that the heaviness in my chest is keeping me from breathing properly. Gradually, my eyesight started looking blurry and my headache worsened. The next thing I knew, Miss Lorraine was calling my name, and began shouting for others' help.

........

How many times have I ever been so weak? How many times have I become a damsel in distress and made others need to help me? I think I have already lost count.

I found myself in a room but this time, it was a familiar one. A place so familiar that memories came flashing from my subconscious. It was my room. My old room here in our house. The property of Saros.'

Despite the headache I'm still currently feeling, I pushed myself to get up and sit on the bed the moment I heard someone's footsteps coming near my room. The door opened, revealing my brother, Ismael.

The slight brightness I emitted slowly faded the moment I discovered it wasn't Zuo Hang. He was the first person I wished to see after waking up.

"Oh come on, jie. You haven't seen me for months and yet you won't even bother feeling excited right now?"

"Because you're not Zuo Hang." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ah, so my sistah is lookin' for my brotha. Don't worry, he's in the company right now."

My brows furrowed. "Is he okay?" I asked. Deep down, I also wanted to know why he isn't visiting me here. While he was facing trying times, I was only there resting and sleeping.

Ismael put his hand behind his neck and smiled. "Ofcourse jie. He's Zuo Hang after all. He's fine, must be busy practicing for their upcoming concert as of the moment so he couldn't come to see you."

I bit my lips and shook my head. "You're lying. I know you too well, Ismael. You're lying to me." I don't know how, but for me it's a natural instinct to know if my brother is lying to me. The way he's scratching his nape and the way he seems to be making up an impromptu speech, indicates me that he's only inventing words to say.

"Ismael, what happened to him? Is he alright? Do you know where he is right now?"

Ismael sighed and cleared his throat. "Zuo Hang got suspended at school after harming a fellow student, jie."