Good Morning...

"Good Morning Beautiful." Peyton smiled at Boe whose hair laid messily in front of her face.
"Good Morning Gorgeous." Boe smiled right back, getting hair in her mouth and then began frantically swatting at her tongue. Peyton reached over to the side of her mouth and slowly pulled the hair out.
"You are such a drama queen." Peyton exclaimed.
"And you are too beautiful for description." Boe replied.
"How was that an insult?"
"It wasn't." Boe finished before kissing Peyton. Peyton returned the kiss with a soft giggle.
"Peyton! Boe!" Christopher shouted before running into their arms.
"Hey Chris. Where are your mommies?" Peyton asked, giving him a quick hug.
"Right here." Noah replied from the door way, "and you two really need to get to work."
"We'll be out in fifteen minutes." Boe assured her.
"And we'll leave you in twenty." She replied before grabbing Chris and heading off.
"Well, I guess you better get in the shower." Boe told Peyton.
"Save water?" Peyton asked.
"Not today. I have some homework to finish for Noah."
Peyton made a sad face before getting up and walking into the shower. Boe got dressed and looked at her email; still no word. She quickly refreshed, just in case.
Six years ago, Boe and Peyton looked into adopting a child. They were both, 22, but had been together since freshman year. Years pass, and everyday Boe checks her email for a letter from the agency. Today she got one...

Dear Boe Lydia Wilson and Peyton Cassidy Sutter,
Congratulations! We found you a child!
Name: Sonny Dawn
Gender: Female
Age: Six
Date of Birth: December 29
Eye Color: Blue
Race: Caucasian
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Location: New York, New York-- Fallaway Orphanage
Comments: Quiet, like the colors blue and green, left handed, shy

If you'd like to look into adopting this child, please reply promptly to this email.
Thank you.

Boe nearly screamed, but she quickly replied...

Dear Californian Adoption Agency
Yes! Of course we will take her! When must she be picked up?
Sincerely Yours,
Boe Lydia Wilson and Peyton Cassidy Sutter

Boe ran into the bathroom and shouted,
"Peyton! We got her! We got a baby!"
Peyton pulled back the curtain, "Are you sure?"
"Yes. They just emailed us!"
"Oh my God!"
"I know!" Boe exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around Peyton.
"Okay. Okay. Let me get out. Did they send you a picture or a description?"
"A description, but I'll go ask for a picture."
"Alright, let me get dressed." Peyton commented as Boe ran out and quickly checked her email.

Dear Boe Lydia Wilson and Peyton Cassidy Sutter,
Thank you for your prompt response. Sonny will need to be pick up within the next month or so and she is yours.
Sincerely,
Californian Adoption Agency

Boe quickly replied with a request for a picture and wasn't disappointed.
"Is that her?" Peyton asked, looking over Boe's shoulder.
"Yes. Isn't she amazing?"
"Yea. Boe I thought we wanted a baby, like, three months or less."
"Peyton?"
"What? We decided on a baby."
"But she is just a baby; she is only six."
"But that means that we can't teach her everything. We missed out on six years of her life. I want to be there for all of our child's life."
"Please. Peyton, I've never asked for anything else."
"Yes you have. You asked for me."
"Yea, but you wanted to ask for me."
"Alright."
"Really?" Boe replied in shock
"Yes. Hm, Sonny Dawn Wilson-Sutter. Has a nice ring to it."
"We really need to get married and merge our names."
"Jesse'd be okay with me being a Sutter."
"Andi'd be okay with me being a Wilson."
"What about Ryan?"
"Not even close. What about Molly?"
"She'd murder me."
"So, Sonny Dawn Wilson-Sutter it is." Peyton exclaimed as she tightened her shoe laces.
Boe kissed Peyton before changing into her working clothes.
Boe worked on the old farm with Jesse and Wyatt. Peyton, who had always loved fashion, had opened her own store. They loved each other, but sadly, they rarely got to see each other throughout the day.
"Girls! You have five minutes! Chris has to get to school!" Jenny shouted from downstairs.
"How did they even get married?" Peyton questioned.
"They loved each other." Boe answered.
"I mean, how? They are two totally different people!"
"So are we."
"How so?"
"Hardworking or Creative. Blonde or Brunette--"
"Okay. I get it."
"We better get going." Boe suggested.
Peyton leaned in for one last kiss before trailing Boe down the stairs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Morning dad." Boe called as she got out her pickup. She had just dropped Peyton off at work and she herself knew she had to get rolling.
"Moring baby girl." Jesse shouted as he lifted a calf and walked it over to her.
"Where is Uncle Wyatt?"
"Feeding the chickens."
"Ugh! I always hated that."
"I know you did. Here, Lu-Lu had her calf today. You wanna name her?"
"I thought this was Emerson's first 4-H calf?"
"It is, but he insisted if it was a girl for you to name her."
"Well, how about Nina." Boe replied after a moment of pondering.
"Nina. It works. I'll tell him."
"Good. Hey, dad, guess what?"
"What?" Jesse replied
"We got a baby!"
"That is great, baby! Give me the details!"
"Well, her name is Sonny, she is six--" Boe started before Jesse questioned.
"Six is a bit big for a baby, isn't it?"
"Peyton and I agreed that she needs a good home."
"Alright, continue."
"Here, let me just show you a picture." Boe replied as she took out her phone and went to the screenshot she took of Sonny. Jesse smiled and then did something quite unexpected.
"So, are you two still gonna live with Noah?"
"Well, we have no where else to go." Boe replied timidly. She was always ashamed at the fact that though they both had jobs, they didn't want to risk getting a house yet.
"Well, what about the old farm house?"
"You mean, live here?"
"Well, of course. Consider it a present."
"Really?" Boe asked excitedly.
"Of course. Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a full working kitchen; that should be enough for three girls right?" Jesse asked laughingly.
"Of course!" Boe shouted before hugging her dad.
"Now, get to work. You got to get home quickly to do all that packing."
"I got this." Boe assured him as she ran off to the stables to feed the horses.
Boe got out her phone and happily texted Peyton,

We Got A House...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ta-Da! I thought a sequel would be in order with the ending I gave, "This Love". What do you think? Is it a good idea for Boe and Peyton to adopt Sonny? How will Molly react? And most importantly, how will Sonny do in this new environment?
The answer to all these questions and more are soon to come!
You don't have to read "This Love" to understand "Together We Remain", but it would help you get a good feel for the attitudes of all the characters.
Song: "She Keeps Me Warm" by Mary Lambert
Picture: Sonny Dawn Wilson-Sutter

📖 Happy Reading 📚
📝 Happy Writing 📓