Chapter 2: Breaking Points

The following day, in Containment Room 307, the air was heavy with frustration and anxiety. Ethan paced the floor, his agitation palpable. "We are terrible," he exclaimed, "no chemistry, coordination, game plan, nothing! What are we going to do?"

Sinn's sharp and unyielding tone shot back, "It would be a lot better if you shut up and tried to come up with one rather than just complaining."

Ethan's frustration boiled over. "I'm sick and tired of your blind ass! Do you know that?" he retorted.

Sinn, unphased, challenged him. "Pop off, then, and I'll put you back on your ass again!"

Riley's unexpected intervention broke the tension. "Alright, shut up!" she demanded, commanding attention for the first time. "We need a game plan and to work as a team. So knock it off, or go sort out your issues elsewhere. The rest of us don't want to die."

Ahmik, taken aback by Riley's sudden assertiveness, reacted with surprise. "You talk? You've been quiet forever," he noted.

Bruce, trying to be the voice of reason, agreed with Riley. "Everyone, just chill out," he urged. "The tournament is just around the corner. We need to pool our skills to win this thing."

Carly, always the strategist, proposed building a plan around their strengths and adjusting it based on their opponents' abilities. The team began to discuss their skills, each revealing a piece of their personal history and expertise.

As they shared, Ahmik, with a smile feeding his colossal ego, pointed out their respective strengths. He proudly claimed his heritage and leadership skills, adding a touch of humor to the tense atmosphere.

When it came to Sinn, she remained silent, her expression inscrutable. Ethan mockingly noted her reluctance to contribute, but his jibe was ignored.

The moment of camaraderie was interrupted by the arrival of Dr. Ryder and Assistant Jessica. Ryder greeted them with feigned warmth, reminding them of their high expectations. Ahmik responded with bravado, while Sinn voiced her disdain for the upcoming examinations.

Unfazed, Dr. Ryder informed them that the demonstrations were canceled. Two guards entered, dropping boxes containing tournament uniforms, each reflecting their personality and style. Jessica instructed them to change and be ready for a briefing in thirty minutes, warning of penalties for delay.

After Ryder and Jessica left, Sinn's frustration erupted. She punched the cinder block walls, her hatred for her father palpable. Bruce approached her, offering comfort and sharing his reasons for loyalty to the team.

Riley, usually a lone wolf, acknowledged their common enemy and the necessity of working together. Carly seconded this, emphasizing the need to win and overthrow the corrupt government.

Still seething with anger towards Dr. Ryder, Ethan declared his willingness to cooperate for survival, hinting at a deeper, more personal vendetta against the doctor.

Ahmik lightened the mood, suggesting they try on their new uniforms and see what the briefing held in store.

The team gathered in the United North American briefing room at noon, with Sinn absent. Bruce explained her absence, but Dr. Ryder was unforgiving, promising to deal with her disobedience later.

Unable to contain his anger, Ethan confronted Dr. Ryder about his past abuses. Ryder, unshaken, whispered a chilling threat to Ethan, implying his vast power and dark intentions.

Security restrained an enraged Ethan as Ryder ordered his daughter to be found and brought to the briefing. Jessica began the presentation while Ryder left to search for Sinn, leaving the team with heightened tension and uncertainty.