chapter 1 - stranger

Nora

It was a Saturday night when I found myself in an alleyway, not quite knowing why the fuck i was there and what I was doing. I slid down the cool brick wall, it's small cracks making my back tingle as I moved. I flopped my head down, in between my knees and let out a sigh. I had just found the courage to finally dump my toxic ex boyfriend, Jackson. Yuck. He was a swine, he would take any opportunity to make me feel like utter bullshit. Honestly i'm surprised my dad didn't introduce him to the barrel of his gun, funny.

Footsteps. I heard footsteps. Rapid ones. Ragged breaths. I flicked my gaze upwards and noticed a tall figure running my way, i clutched my pocket knife, hands shaking. Jackson? I asked myself.

As their face came into view, i was brought with relief when it wasn't Jackson, but a gorgeous boy. Tan skin, a few slashes however, oozing out blood that gave him that ominous look. His eyes bright, darting back and forth between the wall ahead of him and the dark behind him. He swiftly stopped, and looked down at me.

'Evening' he spoke, i noticed the twang of an accent in his voice. Spanish, good lord the boy was spanish. Well that just made him ten times more attractive. 'Are you on an evening jog or have you just smoked someone out of this world' i replied wittily.

The boy scoffed, looked back, looked at me and nodded. 'Yes' he said blankly, between heavy breaths. I was taken aback, 'Oh! Listen i don't mean any harm i won't tell anyone i saw you i swea-'

'Oh shut up, you coming or not?' The boy cut me off, pointing at the wall in front of us. I stammered, 'Well- uhm, i guess?' i stepped forward. 'Great!' He grinned, and hastily clambered up the wall. I followed him, tracing where he placed his hands and feet so i would not fall. I looked up to see his arm out stretched, i grabbed it with one hand and with surprising strength he hoisted me up, one armed!

I dusted off my hands, the skin slightly burning from the scrapes. 'You alright?' the boy asked me. I nodded, baffled that five minutes ago I was finally telling myself that I would never trust a boy ever again, and as soon as I pledged that to myself, a mysterious boy shows up and literally wisks me away.

I heard the faint sound of police sirens, shouting men, angry dogs. The boy quickly grabbed my hand, and we ran off into the empty roads. 'Um, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?' I asked between short breaths.

'Noah Perez, you?' He looked back at me, mischief sparkling in his dark eyes. I recognise that name, he's been in the news a lot lately for murder. 'Nora.' I replied, 'Nora Anderson'. He dragged us behind a wall, a finger pointed up against his lips.

He peered out, and let out a sigh of relief. 'What's your story?' he asked, sliding down the wall. 'Well, I just dumped my toxic ex' I mimicked his actions, and sat on the floor opposite him.

Noah nodded, 'Good for you Anderson, Anderson... i recognise that name...' he scratched at his chin. 'Well it's quite a common name' I laughed, only now just noticing the blood that peppered his clothing.

Noah shook his head, his shaggy hair brushing the top of his eyes lightly. 'No, like I recognise it. Like I recognise it in a weird way' ohhhhh. now it's clicked. I thought. My father, Mark Anderson, well known criminal he was. He had to get brought out of jail just to come and see my mother in the hospital after going into labour.

'Mark Anderson? That name ring a bell?' I smiled, Noahs eyes lit up. He pointed a finger at me, 'Yes! Holy shit are you his daughter?' I nodded in response, a laugh escaping my lips.

'He's my idol, I love him- no. i'm IN love with him' He exclaimed, acting like an excited puppy. I scrunched up my nose, 'really? you want to be like him?' i protested, wondering why someone would want to be like someone like him.

Noah scoffed, 'Uh huh! But I wouldn't get arrested, because- well, i never do!' he grinned widely.

***

At the Anderson residence

'Shit' Noah said, taking in the space. 'This place is huge' I threw my bag down onto one of the tables, kicked off my shoes and flopped onto a sofa. 'Yeah, it's nice' i muffled into a pillow. He sat down next to me, 'Sorry i've invaded your home, can't believe you actually trust me enough to let me into your home' he laughed.

I shrugged, 'You're not bad actually, are you?' i said after a pause. I looked up at him, 'Well' he shifted in his seat, 'No, the reason I haven't painted the ceiling with your guts already is because you trust me'

I heard a door open upstairs, 'shit' i muttered, sitting up straight. I watched the stairs intently as my sister Melody came traipsing down the stairs. 'Who the fucks this?' she asked, pausing her music.

'Melody, meet Noah, Noah meet-' i started, cut off by Melody. 'As in Noah Perez?' she scoffed, shaking her head. 'Nora Nora Nora... When will you stop throwing yourself at guys that are no good for you?'

I chucked a pillow at her, 'Shut up, he's on the run and apparently is a big fan of Dad so...'

'So you brought him here? Yeah, nice one' she sat down opposite me, and began to sprinkle fish food into the tropical tank. 'Listen, Melody was it? I mean no harm, I just need a place to lay low for a while' Noah insisted.

'Right, Noah, we have school and jobs so when we aren't here you'll be on your own.  If anyone knocks on the door, do not answer it. I'll add you to the family group chat so we can text you when we get home or so you can call if anything happens.' I spoke up.

You added Noah Perez to the chat

Owen 🎸
Who tf is that

Brookie wookie 🫶
My question exactly

You
Guys, this is Noah Perez,
He needs to stay with us
for a while.

Owen 🎸
You invited a murderer
over? Bet he's only here
to see dad lmfao

You
stfu gay

Owen🎸
👉😕👈
not listening

Brookie wookie 🫶
PAHAHAHA

Owen 🎸
brooke aren't you
also gay

Brookie Wookie 🫶
yh but atleast I have
a girlfriend

You
live laugh love Honey
Cooper

Noah Perez
omg i know her

Owen 🎸
he speaks ?! 🤯

Noah Perez
she's my best friend
lmao

Brookie wookie 🫶
small world

Dad 👨‍👧🫶
well that was interesting

Noah Perez
OMGOMGOMG
I LOVE YOU MARK
ANDERSON PLEASE
SIGN MY BOOBS