💧💜 Violyn

Characters: Vi, Caitlyn

Side Appearances: None

Setting: their shared home

Warnings: Caitlyn loses a friend

-

Vi watches as Caitlyns shoulders shudder under all the weight on them. Caitlyn asked for physical space, but for Vi to remain close.

Today she was to write a eulogy for a close friend who had taken their life. She wont be able to make it to the wake, but the mother said she would read what Caitlyn had to say.

This isnt any Evan Hansen situation. They were friends when they were teens, rather close until the friend transfered schools and they lost contact. Shortly after regaining contact via social media, Caitlyns page was flooded with memorial notes and send off messages.

She called Vi in tears, needing space but needing the comfort. It was easier to handle with her in the room. With someone to watch her as she typed.

Caitlyn talked about the sports they participated in together, the funny jokes during classes, even attached a picture of a note they passed back and forth on the back of their history assignment so they teacher couldnt brew suspicion.

Vi listened to the call, the moms red and teary face on the screen as Caitlyns matching appearance faced the woman back. The mom pulled up pictures she took at the school dances they went together, birthday parties they attended together, and the day they transfered schools due to the moms work.

After the call, Caitlyn nearly throws her laptop, pounding her fists against her oak desk as the devastation of situation hits even harder with the freshly touched memories. Vi lets her, wanting her to be able to process her emotions as they come naturally, tucking the laptop in a safe place so it wont need replaced.