Chapter 2: Baldy

"James," I said. "We have been following this guy for a month and have found absolutely nothing. We need to move on."
"I'm telling you, Lex, something is up with this guy I just know it." He replied.
"Just because his wife says so? You are so gullible! What if this is some kind of trap?!"
"It's not. You need to learn to trust me."
"I do trust you! You just insist on being an arrogant jerk!"
"I do not. Look there. It's that guy again; Mr. Clark seems nervous."
A tall,bald man who we had only seen once during our investigation was talking to Mr. Clark who appeared to be sweating uncountrolably.
"He's going to have a heart attack! " I exclaimed.
James snapped some photos on his camera and we put on our disguises;we couldn't risk being recognized by anyone.
"Okay stay close and wait for my signal. If things get ugly,make a scene and I'll take care of Baldy." He said.
I had a Blonde wig on and a fat suit that made me look pregnant. James slicked back his hair and put on a fake moustache. We walked with our arms locked and got as close as we could to Mr. Clark and Baldy.
"I'm warning you Clark,if they aren't in prison by the end of the week-" Baldy was saying.
"I am sorry but my wife has them following me. You know how hard it is when the person you're after is watching your every move?!" Clark replied.
We exchanged glances. They couldn't be talking about us. What could they possibly be after us for? Then, Baldy made eye contact with us and took off running.
"Now!" James cried.
"Oh! Oh! The baby!" I exclaimed as I grabbed my belly and collapsed to the ground.
"The baby's coming!"
While everyone was gathering around me trying to help James ran off after Baldy. It felt like I was laying there for hours. I finally told them that it had been a false alarm and that I just needed to sit down for a little while.
When James showed up,he looked like he had been in a terrible fight.
"What happened?!" I asked once we were in the car.
"Nothing. I took care of it." James said.
"Come on you were obviously in a fight! You really think I believe that was nothing?"
"I said it's nothing and it is. Just forget about the whole thing. We will call Mrs. Clark in the morning and tell her everything is fine."
"But that guy was threatening Mr. Clark. We are so close. In another day or two we could finally figure this out and get paid."
"No. We are done with this case. End of story."