How??? When???

It was a completely normal day in the armed detective agency. Atsushi was working in his usual corner of the room, the Tanizaki siblings were being their usual selves at Junichiro's desk, and Yosano was busy sharpening her scalpels in her infirmary. And as routine, Kunikida was juggling in between doing his work and screaming at Dazai who sat lazily around the office. 

A normal day, right?

No.

Today was the day that the agency would find out the most unexpected, mind blowing, unfathomable secret that has been lying under their noses all this time. 

No one would have expected it though because all was going as per standard (for the detective agency), when a someone's phone could be heard ringing.

It was Kunikida's.

Pretty normal. Right??

That is what everyone else thought. It was normal for a person to receive a phone-call in the midst of the day. What could possibly be wrong? It was probably a work call.

Wrong!

The blonde haired man took a really big, deep breath before sitting down and reaching for his phone. As soon as he picked up the phone, he smiled fondly. You could even say that he looked kind of goofy.

A small grin appeared on Dazai and Ranpo's faces.

Dazai walked over to the smiling man and nudged his shoulder, "Finally found a girlfriend, huh?"

Kunikida looked ready to slap him in the face, "WHAT?!! No! Move yourself and shut your mouth. It's none of your business."

The former math teacher looked back down to his device and realized that he had left the phone ringing for a while and answered it. He had made sure not to let Dazai or any of the other members present in the room see the caller ID. 

This had struck Dazai with curiosity of who it could be. 

The younger of them lifted the mobile to his ear, "Hello? Sorry to keep you waiting. There was a slight inconvenience," he pushed the brunette out of the way and proceeded to walk around the Agency's office.

The voice on the other side of the phone began to speak, "It's okay. I just wanted to tell you that I will be coming home later than usual. Sorry hon." (btw no one else can hear I just added it for context.)

The detective smiled, "It's fine. Don't worry. Bye."

The voice on the other side of the line uttered three words that made Kunikida's heart flutter, "I love you."

However, Kunikda could not reply with 'I love you to' in front of the agency members. That would start something unneeded within the facility. He cannot allow that to happen.

"Me too."

A disappointed groan could be heard, "Doppo! Please. You always do this. Can't you just say I love you back to me in public. No one even knows who's on the phone with you. Please kuni???" they begin to sulk.

Apparently this person was loved too much by Kunikida to the point that he couldn't resist them, "I c- *huff* I love you too," the latter smiled.

"Okayy!! Bye bye hon! I love you.See you later. I'll also be stopping by later to grab some documents."

And that was it. The mysterious person cut the call before the blondie could even protest.

Ranpo plucked the lollipop out of his mouth and began to chant, "Kunikida has a boyfriend!"

Dazai raised his eyebrows in approval, "Oooh~ Looks like you met your ideal significant other. When can we meet them? Oh wait! When's the wedding?"

Kunikida blushed red.