~Chapter 2~

The walk helped. But it didn't clear all of my thoughts. 

Everything was still spinning through my head: every thought, All the past few memories of these last two months. 

From the time we were arrested, to now. It all kind of feels like a very long fever dream. 

I take a seat on some random bench and pull my phone out, maybe looking at some random pictures of animals will take my mind off things, perhaps.

I sat on that bench for about an hour or so, looking at cute cats and dogs, impressive horses, dogs making weird faces, and so on. It did help take my mind off of things for a bit, I had honestly nearly forgotten about it until a message notification appeared at the top of the screen of my phone, I tap on it and I was taken from the webpage and taken to the messenger app, Max's contact already opened.

------------------------------------------------

Max: Hey, where are you?

------------------------------------------------

I honestly debated about even responding, I mean, I know what I'm supposed to do, there is no reason to text me asking where I am, I'm safe and I can take care of myself!

But ...

If I don't respond then she'll text me more, and those texts will lead to calls, and every unopened text and every missed call will lead to her getting angry! And she's quite scary when she's pissed! So I can either ignore her or answer. I looked at the message for a few more seconds before I sigh and caved in, I texted her back.

-----------------------------------------------

Max: Hey, where are you?

                                                                                      I'm close to the penthouse, don't worry about me : Y/N

Max: I'm not worried, I just wanna make sure you're not doing anything dumb before the plan

----------------------------------------------

That simple message just made me sigh, of course. Honestly, I'm not even surprised anymore.

Shaking my head, I reply after a few short moments.

---------------------------------------------

                                                                                                        No Max, I'm not, I'll see you later tonight : Y/N 

Max: Alright, good, I'll give you the address for tonight, just stay out of trouble

                                                                                                                                                                            Yes, Max :Y/N

--------------------------------------------

Once I clicked sent I closed the messenger app and turned off my phone. 

I sigh gently and stand up from the bench. I pocket my phone and start walking, maybe when I get back to the penthouse I'll play some video games, perhaps it'll help pass the time, it was barely mid-day, and I had many hours to kill before the job starts, I'm gonna need something to do. 

I began my walk back to the penthouse, I kept my arms close to my body and my walking stride long, the people of Steelport were a bit more polite than the ones at Stilwater, but it doesn't change the fact that the people of this city were still ticking time-bombs and would gladly throw an insult at you if you so much as just bumped into them by accident. And honestly, I don't feel like being yelled at today. Or any day for that matter...