You and I

Crunch 

"Ugh... I'll have to clean these out later." You complained, picking at the bits of snow and ice sticking to your heels. Shaking away any lingering bits of ice, you continued surveying the area, the light from your tail illuminating your surroundings. 

The climate of this planet had always irked you, despite not feeling the cold at all, it was a pain to deal with. Bits of debris or ice would get stuck in the crevices of your body, making it uncomfortable. You were still grateful that it seemed to always be dark here, making it easier for you to scavenge around for bodies without having to worry about overheating. 

You picked on your smooth metal teeth, looking out for any signs regarding the arrival for the new team sent to aid you. Reluctantly, there wasn't anything you could do about it, other than being grumpy and sending your landing pod's current coordinates to the higher ups to arrange for the second squad's departure. 

At first, your team was doing well with exterminating but one day, the other members of your team had vanished from your parent company's radar, nowhere to be found. Being the only one left, you were tasked with sweeping the planet clean yourself. You didn't mind, in fact, you accepted it wholeheartedly. But after finding out progress was slow, the people at JCJenson informed you that a second squad would be dispatched to quicken the process, despite your protests. 

Your circuit board tingled at the thought. 

"Hmm, no ship tonight then." You declared after a few more hours of waiting, wings spreading out behind you as you readied yourself to take off. Not a minute later, a flash of green light ripped through the air, narrowly missing you by a hair. You only managed to tuck your wings in at the last second, avoiding any damage. 

Instead, it hit a lamp nearby, the heavy snow falling onto your head. Actually, you're pretty sure some of it got into your coat, irritating you even more. Spreading your wings again, you shook off the rest of the snow, eyes glaring at the familiar worker drone just a few paces away. 

The self loathing angsty teen, as she often calls herself, was fumbling with a railgun, one you often saw her trying out whenever you were out scavenging. 

You remember encountering her for the first time, roughly over a month after landing here. There was always some type of trouble when you saw her, when the others were still around. Something about her character actually made you tolerate her more than your own teammates. She was different from every worker drone you've encountered, who always cowered behind the doors they built, whereas she seemed to be brave enough to look danger in the face and flip it off. Now that you remember, she did that to you once. Mad respect for the angry little guy. 

Currently though, she was cursing to oblivion, smacking the modified weapon in her hands as you approached her, claws out and dragging along the thick snow. 

"Shit! Why didn't that work yet- Oh, uh." She stopped her rambling when she noticed you glaring at her from just a foot away, he stature stiff. A thin claw reached out to her and almost tapping onto her railgun until she aimed it at you in a hurried attempt. That quickly backfired as red lights blared in her face, the weapon needing to be recharged.