Chapter 6

*Louis*

The days seemed to pass by faster than usual. Before I knew it, I only had two weeks left with her. Two weeks before I was back on the road, before our friendship was left to Skype, and texting, and late-night phone calls. Despite her parents frequent urges to stay in their home, Kennedy got a hotel room a few days after her flat was ransacked. I stayed with her, but didn't enjoy my time quite as much when she said, "And I got a two-bed room, so you stop complaining about me waking you up in the morning." I pretended to be relieved, but missed her warmth in my arms every time I fell asleep.

In the meantime, she searched for a new apartment, in Falling Acres but as far as possible from her old one. She had her eye on one in particular, but I stayed out of the process, finding it much too complicated and boring to bother with.

We were sitting in the little Cobblestone Cafe, her sipping on coffee, I on tea. A battered copy of The Prisoner of Azkaban was covering her face, while I hummed to "The A Team," which was playing softly in the restaurant.

"This is really, really lovely," I said sarcastically, sighing and tipping my head back against the window dramatically. "Watching you read is truly captivating."

"Oh shut up Lou," she mumbled, turning the page.

"I'm meeting up with the guys on Saturday. You could come if you'd like," I said, watching a small old man hurry across the street, umbrella in hand.

"I thought you were on break?" She asked, lowering the book slightly so I could see her stunning blue eyes.

"Poor Harry just can't stand to be away from me any longer," I explained, and she giggled. "It'll just be for the night." I said more seriously afterwards, looking up at her. All jokes aside, I really did want her to come.

She took a sip of her coffee, then nodded. "I'll come. I need to get out of this place for a bit." I grinned, then let her continue with her book. We weren't speaking. But I was still happier than I would have been without her.

~-~-~-~

The next few days passed even quicker. Kennedy had bought the flat she had wanted, and she was set to move in in a few days. Saturday rolled around fast. I waited for her on my bed, scrolling through a group text with the guys.

Zayn: So excited to see you boys

Niall: Zayn you are making me blush x

Me: I have been waiting for this moment x

Harry: LOUIS x

Me: I can't wait to give you all a big love bite x

Liam: You're all gay... x :)

Niall: Louis is bringing Kennedy ;) x

Liam: Should I ask the restaurant to hang up some mistletoe? x

Zayn: You should sing to her. Girls love that shit x

Me: Shut up.

Harry: You're all beeing foolish Louis is mine x

Niall: What's wrong Louis? :) x

Zayn: Kennedy got your tongue? ;) x

Me: Give it a rest we are just friends

Harry: This is what you do. You walk up to her, and you snog her. Then she's yours. If you're as good at snogging as I am x

Niall: Harry is such a good snogger ;) x

Me: Back off he's mine x

The door of the bathroom swung open, and I hastily shoved my phone in my pocket. Kennedy came out, smiling at me.