Freshly Baked

After a long walk on the Dark forest the atmosphere was somewhat not uncomfortable

After a long walk on the Dark forest the atmosphere was somewhat not uncomfortable. The sweet scent of candy soothed everything, not knowing you entered a new place. Pinku smiled when she saw Joy enjoying the place, then she asked.

Pinku:
"Do you like it here Lad?"

Joy:
"I do indeed Madam, How come this place is full of candy and sweets? It's like you're actually in a dream!"

Pinku:
"*giggles* i told you dear its wonderful here!
Even your wildest dream can come true here! "

Joy's eyes sparked with excitement! She cant contain her excitement as she bolted passed The host.

Pinku:
"Easy now! You dont wanna get lost!"

Joy stopped running, i wonder what could it be? Then, she saw a gingerbread house and more gingerbread houses... Theres alot of them, and theres even gingerbread man strolling around. One ginger bread man saw Joy and said.

Gingerbread man 1:
"Oh a human! Its been a while since we saw one. "

Another ginger bread man that was strolling around added.

Ginger bread man 2:
"Good morning human!"

Not long enough Pinku catches up to Joy.

Pinku:
"Hun please before you start running you gotta warn me first, its been awhile since ive started playing chase..."

Joy:
"My apologies. Its just, i got carried away. "

Then more gingerbread man started paying attention that a human has been visiting the village.

All of the gingerbreads were chatting all around, didn't take long before The host says something

Pinku:
"Attention everyone! This gal is our guests, make sure she feels a warm welcome folks!"

The gingerbreads got into work. The host really knows them do they? I wonder how she befriended all of them.

The gingerbreads told her to go to the center of the village, they said theres a big house on the middle that serves like a hotel for visitors. Of course she went to the place and went in.

Gingerbread 3:
"Ah a human! Come on in!"

Joy:
"Thank you for having me, im really sorry for not knocking on the door first. "

Gingerbread 3:
"Oh no, its fine dear. Visitors are always welcome here, anyways come eat with us dear"

Joy nods and sits on a comfy bread chair. The other gingerbreads also sits there as they waits for food.

A few minutes later the sweets arrived.
They feast at the dinner table.
Joy seem to enjoy the sweets that the gingerbreads served her.
But then the gingerbreads started whispering at eachother about something...

Gingerbread 4:
"You know that host lady right?"

Gingerbread 5:
"Yea... Poor gal, shes not gonna be alive long enough..."

Ginger bread 3:
"There's nothing we can do, if we try messing with her were all done for... "

Ginger bread 6:
"Should we tell her? "

Ginger bread 7:
"Absolutely not, do you want us to crumble into bread crumbs?"

Ginger bread 3:
"Even if we tell her she might be unlucky to escape, i mean the host havent shown any signs of... Crazyness in her.. "

The gossip seems to keep passing on.
Joy is busy eating sweets to even listen to it.

Joy stood up which made the gingerbreads startled and stopped whispering. Joy looked at the gingerbreads and asked.

Joy:
"Excuse my manner but. What are you guys whispering about?"

The gingerbreads went silent for a moment, not knowing what answer to give.

Gingerbread 3:
"Dear, promise us something... Dont agree to her deal-"

They cant tell her what will happen to her or all of them including the gal or something bad will happen. All of the sudden, someone knock on the door.

A gingerbread opened it. It was Pinku, she seems to be ready to pick her up.

Pinku:
"Ah there you are! Are you having fun?"

Joy:
"Oh i sure am madam! They were very welcoming. It is very nice, but their manners on the table is lacking. "

Pinku:
"I see i see... At least you enjoy your stay, sadly we have to go. Ooor would you like to stay here forever? "

Joy hesitated. She dont know what to answer, she looked at the gingerbreads
and said.

Joy:
"No thank you miss. Having too much sweets is bad, it could hurt my teeth"

The room went silent for a bit,

Pinku:
"Ah... That's, alright lad. Theres still more ahead of us come quickly, dont forget to say goodbye to your friends! "

Joy said her goodbyes to the villagers before completely leaving the bread village.
Joy, having to heard another warning. Got her uncomfortable around Pinku, Was the question about staying was a deal? Who knows. She needs more answers before making a move. She follows Pinku to a new place.

Chapter 3 End