Jessica Albert x Male Reader [Dragon Quest 8]

"Oh, hurry up then!" Jessica snapped at you as she drove her fists into her hips, and tapped her foot out of impatience.

"Alright, alright" I responded. This room was full of barrels that I was having fun picking up and smashing. "Y'know... you didn't have to come in here with me. You coulda' waited outside" I reminded her.

Jessica sighed "I wish I would have done that" she grumbled as she stood in the doorway of the room, twirling one of her red pigtails around her finger.

"It's better that it's me rather than Angelo. You'd have your hands full with his flirting." I laughed as I smashed another barrel, finding a Mini Medal hiding inside it and pocketing my findings.

She let out a small laugh. It had been a little while since you found this rag-tag group of adventurers. A group of people travelling to save a Princess transformed into a horse and a weird troll goblin... thing, but you got along with everyone well for the short time you'd been travelling with them.

"Hey. Can I ask you something?" I spoke up.

"What is it?"

"Y'know when we all go to the Mystical Spring occasionally, and talk to the Princess?"

"Yes?" Jessica now had her attention on me confused about where I was going with this.

"She's uhhh... obviously in love with the Gov' right?"

Jessica laughed "Oh? Are you jealous of him?" she sneered.

"Nah, not really. She's pretty and kind but I don't feel anything from her. Yangus is probably the same as me... I think"

"What made you ask anyway?" That curious tone in her voice was bad news, she was always good at seeing through people.

"Not much really, I was just curious is all. Y'know what? Forget I ever asked" I grumbled as I went back to looting the room.

Jessica walks over to you, standing behind you as you search drawers and cupboards. "So what is your type then?"

"Huh?"

"What? Is that private information?" she leaned against a wall.

"No, I'm just surprised you're asking is all" I reply as I reach into a bag on the wall and pull out a Falcon Knife, cutting my finger on it

"Ah!" I recoil in pain. Jessica rushes to my side.

"What happened?" She looks at the small amount of blood dripping down my finger and then looks at me as If I'm stupid.

"Tsk" I click my tongue and wipe my hand. "A Healing spell would be nice" I look at Jessica.

"None of those I'm afraid, you'll have to ask Angelo once we get back outside"

"You only know that Hustle Dance or whatever... any chance you could pull that out?" I tried to hold in my laughter as I said that.

She seemingly got annoyed and walked over to the other side of the room, I enjoyed pushing her buttons, not that her shirt had buttons... I think? I've never really looked below...

"Oh, there's a chest back here" Jessica pointed out as I snapped out of my train of thought

"Maybe this scavenger trip will be worth it after all," I say to her as I continue to stupidly plunder my hand into various bags.

"AH!" Jessica shrieked. I immediately turned around, It wasn't a chest, it was a Mimic!

"Jessica!" I shouted as I ran to her side and helped her stand before the mimic could take a bite out of her, narrowly avoiding her skirt.