Lights!

Today is a good day. I know it. And for the first time since March, I feel like I have hope for what is to come. I now have a boyfriend, who I can't wait to share some wonderful memories with, along with my wonderful friends. My sister had a great birthday despite being in lockdown, and I'm working on material for my show which I am very proud of, hoping that one of them will touch the hearts of those around me. There has also been an update with regards to the pandemic giving me hope. From 15th June, we can go to cinemas, different attractions and can go shopping again, providing that everything is COVID safe. A drug has also been found to help relieve COVID symptoms, which is also quite common and affordable. Yes it may not help anyone recover from COVID-19 completely, but this discovery could be a possible link to create a vaccine.

During this week, I also came to the realisation that I haven't heard anything from the entertainment company. However, even though I really want to pursue a career in acting, I've learnt that sometimes no just means not yet.

The following day, a meeting was set up.

"Good morning everyone from me and my little baby," my lecturer announced, holding her newborn for everyone to see. "Today is actually a good day for once, as it's linked to the show." We all listened in. "So, as it stands, most of us have submitted their stuff for the show, and some are almost done. But one main thing we need to do is promote it. So, I have set up a Facebook and events page for the show, so what I want from everyone is to give me the name of their local newspapers to put it in their next published date, the name of the radio stations to mention a story of the show, and share the event, keep promoting the show. The more people we get the better. Any questions? Thoughts? Feelings?"

No one answered.

"In that case then, I shall see you soon. Stay safe, be kind, take care of yourself but most importantly, enjoy every bit of the process. Take care, bye."

Everyone replied excitedly... "BYYEEE!"

I then logged off and made a start to set up my next plan.

I felt very chuffed with myself for once, and then decided to make a start on today's tasks. Just as I was about to crack on, I forgot a few bits.

"Oh shoot!" I said to myself, "I knew I forgot something."

I bolted upstairs to my room to get my assignment briefs, when all of a sudden, I heard two voices in a recognisable language.

"Mhmm, performing to an audience. That's not too hard," one voice stated, "I always hated written work. To many words for me."

"Me too," said the other voice, "And as we are TV presenters we need to read words for a living. Ironic isn't it?"

I opened the door to see what was going on. I could not believe it. "No. WAAYYY!!"

The mysterious figures look around, "Stephen Mulhern don't act like that, you know it's us."

"It's not Stephen Mulhern, I'm clearly a girl," I stated, turning on the light. "See? And you're..."

"I'm Ant."

"I'm Dec."

"A duo."

"A twosome."

And they sang together, "So many lyrics we're fighting to use them."