𝟎𝟗 - 𝑻𝒐𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒖𝒑

𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝑴𝒂𝒚 𝟗𝒕𝒉, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

"YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS." I hold the letter tightly sitting down on the couch. I don't think they're going to stop anytime soon. "We really just want to talk, we are doing everything we can to make sure you understand this. We're not stalking you, we're not maniacs. I'm not going to say we're sorry for what we did, because I think you should be grateful for that, the company was going bankrupt, and as we imagined, a person fit enough decided to raise you. We want to talk to you because now that we are in a better position, maybe we can reestablish our family, don't you think this is a unique opportunity? Our blood still flows through your veins, whether you like it or not you are our daughter, and we love you. What do you say we try to make up for lost time? We wait for your answer, you already know where to send a message. If not, we know where to find you. By the way, my name is Eduardo, I don't think your grandmother ever talked about me, I don't blame her, she hated me as much as I hated her. Meet me at noon at this address below. Write in your calendar, May 23rd, the long awaited reunion of the Campos. I bet you are as anxious as we are." I crumple the paper and throw it as far away as possible. I put my hands on my face, holding back the tears.

Why are they doing this? What have I done to them? Wasn't abandoning and not hearing from me for fourteen years enough? And how did they know where to find me? There is no way of knowing whether they are bluffing or not, and that is what scares me.

There is so much going on at the same time, I don't even have time to breathe. I admit that sometimes I wish I could go as far away as possible, to another continent, to live in a small town. Cut my hair to shoulder length, dye it almost shiny blond. And hope that nobody would recognize me. But that's not how it works, not when you love people you want to be around forever. Before there were only two, but now my reasons for sticking around had increased.

I promised myself that I wouldn't keep in touch with them, but who's to say that they actually know where I live?

Good morning, you more than anyone else |
know that you are the last person
I want to be talking to at the moment.

I just wanted to ask you and your husband |
to stop contacting me, because I am
of your NOT family.