𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

I woke up early the next morning, groggily rolling out of bed. It's safe to say I didn't sleep very much last night, there was just so much going on. I glanced at my clock, it was only 8:00 in the morning. I had about an hour before I had to be at the airport, that was enough time to shower and call a cab. I was a little nervous for my interview, because I'd pretty much be screwed if I didn't get in. The lady explained to me last night that if I get in, I'd have my own apartment near all of the other legends and that this job does indeed pay a lot. I didn't just want this job, I needed it.

I stood up stretching, a small yawn escaping my lips. I was truly exhausted, but I'd have to push through these feelings and fight the urge to go back to bed. I trudged over to my closet, scanning over all of my clothes. I didn't have much, and I wasn't really sure what to wear to an interview for a literal blood sport. In the end I decided on some black jeans, with a simple Cami, and my sneakers. I collected my clothes, walking into the bathroom to shower.

Once I was finished washing, and drying off I got dressed, and tied my long h/c hair into a ponytail.

'I don't look horrible.'

I shrugged and checked the time. It was 8:30 now, so I grabbed my phone and called a cab. I slid my shoes on, and collected my purse before walking downstairs, and outside of my apartment building. A few minutes later, my cab pulled up and I stepped into the vehicle instructing him to head to the airport. I didn't say much to him after that, I simply put my headphones in and listened to music drowning in my own thoughts. Would I make the cut? If I did, would I live up to the other legends' expectations? God I was nervous, but so excited at the same time. This whole experience would be a whole nother level of adrenaline, I couldn't wait.

When I arrived at the airport, it was 8:45. I was supposed to be looking for a girl named Natalie, she was supposed to escort me to what the lady over the phone described as a "Private plane."

I walked around trying to see if I could find her, until I saw a sign with my name on it.

'That must be her, she looks familiar.'

I made my way over to her, offering a smile and holding out my hand,

"Are you Natalie?"

She took my hand excitedly; energy beaming offs her.

"Yes, you must be Y/n!"

She spoke with a very thick French accent, she smiled at me brightly. This girl was very bubbly, she's quite sweet though.

"That I am, I'm quite excited to be here."

"That's good, we're excited to have you. As you know my name is Natalie, but you may also know me as Watson in the games."

So that's where I knew her from, I knew she looked familiar. I had seen her in a few clips while doing my research on the Apex Games, she was badass on the field but out of she was so sweet and energetic.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

She smiled again, "The pleasure is all mine! Shall we get going?"

I simply nodded and began walking with her. We walked outside to a lot of planes, but we passed them all heading into a big warehouse.

"Weird, I thought I was told a private plane..'

When we stepped into the warehouse, I saw this massive metal structure. My eyes went wide, it was huge!

"This is one of our ships, it's very similar to a plane except it reaches a point we like to call hyper speed."

I honestly had no clue what she was talking about, I just nodded my eyes still wide as ever staring the ship down. She snapped me out of my trance by ushering me onto the ship and having me take a seat. I sat down, strapping in, and she did as well.