Chapter 10: hired

In addition to the dowry money, the dowry gift is also very important. The amount of the dowry gift can tell whether the future husband's family attaches great importance to the woman or brother.

Wei's father and Wei's mother would never prepare a good bride price for the Zhou family. Wei Cheng took this into consideration, fortunately he was prepared.

I went directly to the jewelry store in the county seat to buy jewelry, which was packed in a carved wooden box.

To get hired, you have to have a new set of clothes. Wei's father and Wei's mother don't pay much attention to the Zhou family, but Wei Cheng does. How could he not pay attention to a happy event in life.

Wei Cheng bought a royal blue cotton gown with simple patterns on the cuffs and neckline.

During this period of time, I had meat and vegetables to eat, and I started boxing every day. I used to look dry and yellow, haggard and sour, but I was full of vigor and vigor. Then I put on a blue gown, and I looked even more handsome and handsome.

On the day of the appointment, Wei Cheng's parents deliberately dressed brightly, not because they cared too much about the country brother, the daughter-in-law, but because they came to show off.

They are from the county town!

Wei's father and Wei's mother saw that Wei Cheng was wearing a royal blue gown, with a tall and straight body and a handsome face.

They felt in their hearts that there seemed to be something wrong with their second son, he had an extraordinary bearing, his back was no longer hunchbacked, his waist was straight, if he were to change into a gown with a brocade pattern, he would look like any rich man.

"Second, you should dress better in the future, and today you will look like someone from my Wei family."

Although they feel that the second son is different, Mother Wei and Father Wei still think that the eldest son is the most important. Even though Wei Cheng looks handsome in this outfit, in the hearts of Mother Wei and Father Wei, the impression of Wei Cheng in their hearts will not change all of a sudden.

"Mother, what you said is true." Wei Cheng responded.

Wei's mother is satisfied, the second child is obedient enough.

The Wei family hired a carriage and ordered the driver to drive. Matchmaker Zhang and the driver sat outside the carriage.

The Zhou family, cleaned the house spotlessly yesterday. The Zhou family did not wear old cotton and linen clothes for work, but changed into ordinary cotton clothes, which they would only wear during the Chinese New Year.

The Zhou family went to the market yesterday and bought two catties of white sugar, one catty of Longsu candy, and half a bag of tea to greet the Wei family and their guests.

The children in the family watched eagerly. Zhou's mother only gave each child a bowl of sugar water. Long Sutang was to greet the Wei family and guests, so she didn't give it to the children.

All the relatives in the family came if they could, the two elders of the Zhou family, the eldest aunt of the Zhou family, the youngest aunt of the Zhou family, and her daughter, Zhou Yuan's cousin Zhou Xiaorui, a fifteen-year-old girl. Sweet, wearing a pink dress.

Zhou Xiaorui's relationship with Zhou Yuan is average, and she has a better relationship with her cousin Zhou Lanlan, which may also be due to her daughter.

Zhou Lanlan didn't come today.

I don't know if it's to avoid suspicion, or to respond in my heart.

The Zhou family gathered in the house to chat, waiting for the arrival of the Wei family.