The journey conments

"I think we should go to your best friends house first," my girlfriend comments after a while of silence, as we think of the best way to get my memories back.

"All right...what's her name?" I ask, for, no matter how hard I try, I can't remember what she's like.

"Rose." She replies.

"Where does she live?" I ask.

"I don't know, all I know is that she lives close to you." She says.

"Well, how's that suppose to help?" I ask, a bit annoyed.

"It was just a suggestion." She says, shrugging it off.

"Ok..." I say.

We start thinking again, "I know, how bout we walk around? She's bound to be outside, because you say she always walks her dog around this time." She says.

"Ok, let's go." I reply.

We go outside and start walking around. "This way," I say, suddenly remembering where she lives. My girlfriend follows me as we walk to Rose's house. When we get there I go knock on her door.

I hear barking and a shhh Star! Before a girl with tangled short messy blond hair, muddy brown eyes, and average height answers. At first she just looks at me, as though she can't believe what she's seeing. Then she screams Zach and pulls me into a tight hug.

I stumble back a bit, taken aback by her strength. When she's done she lets me go. "Where have you been?!" She shouts in my face.

I back away a safe distance, and then a few more steps, just to be safe. I can't believe this overly hyper girl is my best friend, and it takes a while for my brain to comprehend this fact.

"I don't remember," I reply, as she looks at me, a bit hurt that I backed away.

"How can you not remember!?" She shouts again.

"I lost my memories and we're trying to get them back." I flinch a bit at how loud she's being.

"Who's we?" She ask.

"Me and my girlfriend." Rose looks around, and seeing my girlfriend she quickly nods.

"Well then, you should come inside. I'm not suppose to have people over without asking my mom, but I'm pretty sure she won't mind." She lets me and my girlfriend come in. No sooner had we sit on the couch had she asked us a question.

"Do you want anything?" She says it politely and in a more low and calm tone of voice.

We both say we're good, but she still tires to see if we want anything three more times before coming to sit on the floor. "Sorry, if I'd known someone was coming I would have been more dressed." That's when I notice she's still wearing pjs.

"It's alright," I say. She crosses her legs and gets comfortable.

"So, you lost your memories?"

"Yeah..."

"Ok, well, I don't know how to get your memories back, but my uncle is a doctor, so I'm sure he knows something that can help us."

I nod my head as she takes out her phone and calls her uncle. When he didn't answer she left a voicemail and sighs, "I'm sorry, he must be at work, and if that's the case he won't be off for a long time."

"It's ok, thanks for your help."

She nods, but I can tell it's still bothering her, "I know!" She shouts, jumping up in her excitement. "We can call your other friends and have them come over!"

"What about your mom?"

"Oh, it's ok, she won't be home for a week. I'm staying home alone, because my grandma and grandpa are at Mexico, and she can't miss whatever's going on."

"Ok," I say, as she starts calling people I know and asking them if they can spend the night.