21: Then, Now, and Forever

Suguru wanted to take you home but you insisted that you would just take a cab back to your house with a little detour on the way. The drive from Suguru's condo to Satoru's apartment was a little over forty minutes and before you knew it you were standing outside of Satoru's apartment. You weren't sure what you were going to say to him. The last conversation you two had replayed in your mind and wouldn't be shocking if he told you he couldn't do this anymore. For all you knew this could be the last time you see him; maybe things were never meant to be between the two of you.

Your breath caught in your throat as you tried not to think about that right now. Your breathing labored as you feel the urge to throw up all the drink you had drank a few hours before. With a trembling fist you raise it up to the door but before you could knock against the door it flys open as you eyes widen. You watch as Satoru turns his light off and turns only to jump back once he saw you with your fist paused mid-knock.

"Peach?" He breaths and you stand there as you stare up at him. "What are you doing here?"

You snap out of the trance he has you in despite his disheveled look. You can tell he hasn't shaven in a few days with the stumble coming in and the bags under his eyes indicates he hasn't gotten much sleep; he had the headband in his hair again knowing he only wore it when he had no patience to fix his unruly hair. You feel your cheeks heat up at the way the shirt he was wearing that use to be yours fit him loosely. The word Barbie girl written in pink on the breast pocket and his sweat pants hung dangerously low. You try to lean against the wall next to you and fail miserably at first but soon you lean against it; you smile at him as he looks down at you with a perplexed look.

"Was, um, in the neighborhood. Decided I would go out for a walk." You say and he arches his eyebrow as he looks at what you were wearing.

You noticed your dress clinging to your body more than before and the confidence you had earlier in the dress went out the window under his gaze. You had your heels in your hand after one of them broke during a song you shouldn't have danced that hard to.

"Well would you like to come in?" He asked and you nodded your head. He turned on the light and stepped to the side as you made your way inside. "Did you go out drinking? I can smell the alcohol on you." He said as he walked past you and sat on the love seat in the living room.

You felt your face heat up at the memory of coming over to watch a few movies before heading back to your apartment since you had to work the next day. It was safe to say you never went back to your apartment that night and you can't look at the love seat without thinking about how you climbed on top of him and rode him until the sun came up. Although you were standing behind him you watch as he leaned his head all the way back against the chair to look at you. The way he looked at you made your thighs squeeze together.

"Peach?" He asked as he raised his eyebrow again.

"Oh I didn't plan on staying long. You looked like you were actually heading out so I don't want to keep you." You say as you nervously play with the straps of your broken heels.

"Was actually heading over to see you." He says without hesitating.

"To see me?" You repeat and he nods his head. "For what?" You say as if you weren't coming over to confess to him.

He lifts his head up and sighs.

"Come sit down please." He softly says and you make your way over and sit on the couch beside the love seat.

You both sat there looking at one another for what felt like an eternity. The silence didn't bother you surprisingly as you studied his face; you hadn't realized till now how much you missed him. He clears his throat and leans forward as he runs his hands over his face.