chapter 4

Me and Astrid was walking in the woods and see hiccup pick up the cut bola. "So why didn't you?"
Hiccup asked himself. I decided to make ourselves known. "Hey, hiccup." I said scaring him. He looked back and see me and Astrid. "Why is Astrid here?"
Hiccup said nervously. "You do realize that I tell her everything. She already knows about midnight." | said to him. "Don't worry hiccup I won't tell anyone about your night fury." Astrid said. "Thanks, Astrid." Hiccup said in relief. All three of us walked to where we saw where the night fury went. Once we went to the cove we saw midnight laying down but that's it we didn't see the other night fury. "This was stupid."
Hiccup said.
|looked down and see black dragon scales on the rock. I picked it up inspecting it, I looked back at hiccup who was already looking at me. Just then the night fury tried to fly out the cove but he couldn't. I put Astrid and hiccup behind me And went down lower to see the dragon clearly but hiccup seems more excited. It tried to fly again but immediately fell to the ground. I looked at hiccup who has grabbed his book and coal pencil to draw the night fury. "Why don't you just fly away?" Hiccup asked. I then see how the dragon is not flying one of his tail fin has been cut off.
"Hiccup look at his tail." I said. He looked at the tail and back to his drawing and erased one tail fin. It tried to fly once more but landed roughly on the ground near the lake. He tried to get some fish but didn't catch it in time making him grumble. Just then midnight went into the small lake and grabbed some fish for him, the night fury was happy that he got some fish from midnight. Just then hiccups coal pencil rolled off giving the night fury his attention to us. I looked at the night fury and hiccup as they both looked at each other with curiosity.

Y/n pov

Both Y/n and Astrid were in the great hall with the rest of the teens but they sat at their own table waiting for hiccup to come in and eat. When hiccup finally came in y/n gave him his food and sat down with the soon to be married couple. "Where did Sage go wrong in the ring today?" Gobber asked the teens.
"I mistimed my somersault dive. It was sloppy. It threw off my reverse tumble." Sage said. "Yeah, we noticed." Ruffnut said sarcastically. "No, no, you were great. That was so 'Sage." Snotlout said to her flirting.
"She's right. You have to be tough on yourselves."
Gobber said. When Gobber saw hiccup he decided for him to have some attention. "Where did hiccup go wrong?" Gobber asked. "Uh, he showed up." Ruffnut said. "He didn't get eaten." Tuffnut said. "He's never where he should be." Sage said as she glared at the boy

"Thank you, Sage. You need to live and breathe this stuff." Gobber said. He then grabbed a book a put it in the table while knocking over some plates over. "The dragon manual. Everything we know about every dragon we know of." Gobber said. When Gobber heard the thunder he looked back on the teens. "No attacks tonight. Study up. Gobber said while leaving the great hall. "Wait, you mean read?" Tuffnut asked.
"While we're still alive?" Ruffnut asked. "Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you stuff about?" Snotlout asked, Y/n looked at the boy wondering how far he could to break his legs.

Fishlegs then seem excited. "I've read it like seven times. There's this water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face. And there's this other one...
Fishlegs said but got interrupted by Tuffnut. "Yeah.
That sounds great. There was a chance I'd read it." Tuffnut said. "But now." Ruffnut said while giving Fishlegs a bored look. "You guys go read. I'll go kill stuff." Snotlout said as they all left leaving Sage the only one at the table. Hiccup went up to her nervously, while Y/n watch his little brother try to talk to his crush. "So I guess we'll share?" Hiccup said to her. "Read it." Sage said then left the hall. "Uh, all mine, then. Wow. So, ok, I'll see you tomorrow."
Hiccup said but only heard the great hall doors close.
Hiccup, Y/n and Astrid all waited for everyone to leave the great hall and once everyone had left Y/n had some candles so they could see and set it down at the table. Hiccup opened the book and read out loud so his brother and future sister-in-law could hear. "Dragon classifications. Strike class. Fear class. Mystery class."
Hiccup read then turned the page. "Thunderdrum.
This reclusive dragon inhabits sea caves and dark tide pools. When startled, the Thunderdrum produces a concussive sound that can kill a man at close range. Extremely dangerous. Kill on sight."
Hiccup read then turned the next page. "Timberjack.
This gigantic creature has razor-sharp wings that can slice through full-grown trees. Extremely dangerous.
Kill on sight." Hiccup read then read the next few pages. "Scauldron. Sprays scalding water at its victim. Extremely dangerous." Hiccup read then got scared of the thunderstorm.