Chapter 7 The lady with the gun

I don't take my eyes off her , as she steps closer to us. She gives a boy a grin and returns her gaze to me. " So that's her?" She asks but the question isn't directed to me. The boy who saved my life at the training centre nods. Maybe he's the leader here..? The lady looks at me , first my face then my body. Her gaze scans every curve , i have. The blood paints my face and i try to hide my discomfort. "Ok, then can someone tell Miss Whatever , why she is here?" . My face is nowas red as a tomato, Miss Whatever?! Who's that lady! No one answers, so the lady points at a girl in the back. "You!" She straighten her back, her face is oval, with eyes too big for it. Her dark hair tied up in a ponytail . She looks at me with a look that says " Rubbish". " She was drugged and kidnapped from "The Enemy" and put into a coma. Fortunately, WE managed to wake her up, even thought she doesn't remember anything. We were on our way home when They found us and took her back , We were surprised but overpowered Them at night, now she's safe. " She doesn't look at while saying that, not even once. The woman smiles and asks again. " And why was she drugged?" The girl took a deep breath and continues . " She could see through people. "

That's it?  I can , no i Could see through people. What is that suppose to mean anyway, i see their bones, flesh? I have so many questions, but am afraid that if i open my mouth nothing will come out. No one says a word, they are all looking at me, waiting for me. But i don't know what to do, so i just stare at the nothing silent. Someone comes from behind me.

*************************************************************************

As i open my eyes, the headache hits me. It feels like i have bumped my head somewhere hard. I try to remember the last evening but everything is in blurry .

I look around and see the others waking up too. I go to the bathroom and when i come back we all go to the showers, they are SO weird. When we're done we have breakfast and later we go to something that looks like a classroom, without any chairs! The lady from yesterday walks in and looks at me. Something seems way too familiar, like i know what's going to happen next, but i don't. She tells me stuff, weird stuff that i still believe. She tells me that i have powers, and i should remember.    "Demonstrate ! " Like under control , billion of images of blue spirals and sparkles pop in front of me. I look at them hypnotized . I understand , this is an amazing system, that's alive. I rise my hand forward and enlace my fingers in it. It tickles me and i giggle. As I pull the spirals I feel satisfaction , like I just ate the biggest jar of peanut butter. I let go and turn my attention at another one.A sudden tiredness falls on me and my vision blurs.

   A black curtain falls before my eyes and i collapse on the cold floor. I hear voices and soon i see people around , staring at me , eyes wide open. I inhale the cold air and push myself off the floor. Bad idea, I am so powerless that almost immediately I am again lying down. I see hands towards me and catch the nearest one. They pick me up easily and help me stand. I give the girl that helped me a grateful look and turn around to face the lady. She has her lips, glued to each other and her eyebrows standing so high , it looks like  they are going to jump off her face any time. She takes out a notebook and writes something down. She lifts her gaze up again and orders: " Give her the serum !Bring her after a quarter day, feed her better this time! " The group surrounds me and we head towards the exit, at the door the woman's voice echoes. " I am Selene de Marco, if you were wondering."

**********************************

Vote&Comment

And don't forget to fly over rainbows :3

<Jello-unicorn>