Chapter Thirteen

Life isn't always easy.

At first, I hated being the creepy pastas. But they showed me the most attention and showed me that they loved me and would put me first.

I had an older brother. He was from my dad's first marriage. (My dad is almost 50.) My older brother is 4 years older than me. He lived on his own when the creepypastas came.

He's 22 right now. He has his girlfriend and her son. But he's the cruelest person I know. When he found out about my mom's miscarriage he didn't care. That was our little brother and he didn't care. He also ignores me when I text him when I want to see him. He never answers and just leaves me to read. I grew up with him till he moved out and the whole time he was there, he ignored me.

He was always with his friends, and when his friends pushed me down and broke my arm, he didn't care. He laughed it off and told me to grow up. I was 12 and he was 16.

So when I woke up in the hospital. Only my dad was there. I knew my older brother wouldn't be there. I know he hates me. It eats me up inside because I think it's my fault. After all, I was a brat as a kid.

Waking up was a different experience. The ache in my stomach was the first thing I noticed. My mouth was dry, and it had a medicine-like taste to it. I was cold and numb. I blinked my eyes open.

Harsh light sprinkled and filled my irises. I look around and see my dad in the chair. He was asleep and looked exhausted. I didn't see my brother Teddy anywhere and it hurt. I knew he would never come.

The countless memories where I argued with Teddy about spending time with me. The excuses he gave, how he was busy, he had a life and he can't be on his phone 24/7 like me. If you cared enough, you would make time.

The door pushed open and a man in a lab coat walked in. "Miss L/N?"

My dad woke up and looked at me. He wrapped his arms around me. Crying about how his baby woke up. I hugged him back. I felt numb still.

"Miss L/N? Do you know why you are here?" The doctor asks me while he was checking me over.

"No? Why?" I ask, blinking to look at my dad.

"Y/N, you have been missing since October. It's almost Christmas." Dad says to me. He stared at me with sympathy.

The memories washed over me. It was like a flood. All the creepypastas flooded through. Oh God! I was stabbed. Mom is dead.

I came back to my dad talking. "And the police got an anonymous phone call and they came and saw you. It was like a relief Y/N. Since your mom died and you got taken, I've been alone. You know Teddy only comes around when he wants money or someone to help him."

I felt bile in my throat. How could my brother be so selfish? The doctor starts acting my questions and told me the police will be in soon.

When the police came in. I prepared myself for the news, the questioning, and the talk.

"Miss L/N, do you remember anything these last few months?" The slightly overweight cop asked. He had a bushy mustache and was balding.

"No." I lied, as I shifted my hands to the cup of water.

"You reported you were kidnapped. Do you not remember the report you made?" The other cop asked. He was tall and slightly muscular. He was dark-haired and dark-eyed. His hair was going grey.

"No," I answer. Blinking at them. I was so nervous. It felt like lead in my stomach.

The tall cop flipped his notepad shut. He walked over to me. His eyes seem sincere.

"Miss L/N, we got a 911 of a stabbed victim, they hung up before we get details. We traced the call to an abandoned factory. The funny part is, it has no power there but we got the 911 call from there. You were found in the loading bay, bleeding profusely. You were almost dead, but you were a fighter. The thing is-" he continued talking and I blanked out. E.J. left me. I felt tears spill down my cheeks.

The cops eventually left and I was released to go home. That next week my dad hovered for me relentlessly. I could barely shower by myself without him hovering around me. It was awful but finally, he went back to work.

I climbed into my beat-up car and headed back to them. I climbed out, planning on running up the porch. I hit something and fell back. I pressed my hand and my hand hit a surface but nothing was there.
I banged on it and yelled at the house.

They never came running. Tears fell down my face, as I called their names. I screamed till I went horse. I screamed till I was cold and numb. I eventually drove home and Dad was there.

He yelled at me for leaving and said what if I got taken again and killed this time. I just cried, they didn't want me. They will never want me again. Memories of them floated and taunted me. I hated this feeling.

I was surprised when Teddy came one day while Dad and I were eating dinner. He was tall like Dad. Brown hair and blue eyes like his mom. He barely looked at me before asking Dad for some money for bills.

"Teddy? Don't you see your sister? She was stabbed last month."

"Hey, sis. Dad, I just need 500?"

"Hey, sis?! That's all!" I stood up and glared at him. "I was kidnapped and stabbed. You don't even care!"

"Stop being dramatic, Y/N. I heard it was just a flesh wound." Teddy says turning to look at Dad.

"No! It wasn't. The stab nearly killed me."

"But you're fine, right? Just calm down."

Rage exploded in me. I hated him so much right now.

"If Dad won't then I will. Get out! We don't want you here. You're a disgrace. You only come when you want something or need money. I hate you, Teddy. I never want to see you and I hope you rot in hell. You're the world's worst brother and your mother would be ashamed if she was alive. Get out or I'm calling the police."

There was silence before Dad gets up and leaves the room. Teddy looks at him and then at me. He had the nerve to look hurt. Teddy looks at me one last time before he leaves the house. The door clicks shut and I sank to my knees crying.

Dad comes in and hugs me. Saying I was brave and he was happy that I stood my ground. We don't have time for leeches.

Dreams floated through my mind. Ever since that day, I woke up in the hospital, I haven't had those nightmares. Instead, it's just happy memories of my mom and dad. I woke up one night, I could hear an owl hooting.

Cool air wafted through the open window, the heat is broken and hot air has been blowing relentlessly all day. I slide the blankets off me and look outside. A shadow dashes by and runs into the woods. The guys! I quickly throw in a hoodie and some sneakers and run out the front door.

Snow crunches under my feet as I rush after the escaping shadow. The woods were dark but the moon glowed bright and warmly against the path. I run until I see the factory. I slow down and look for the shadow.

I hear the squealing of the metal doors being opened and I follow in. I see a dark shape running down to the bay. I follow and step into the room. The bay windows are open and light makes the whole room glow.

There's nobody here and there's a big red stain on the floor. Where I bled out. I walk over to it and touch it. A memory slams into my brain like a headache.

I lay bleeding on the ground and E.J. is pacing. Slendy pops into the room and I see E.J. run to him. The buzzing of electricity fills the room as the lights turn on.

I can't hear them talk but I think they are speaking in their minds. The mind link that E.J. talks about rings in my mind. I watch E.J. leave the room and come back 5 minutes later. I then watch them pop out of the room and the power slowly dims down. Why did they leave me?

I open my eyes to find a face peering into my eyes. I scene and fall back. The demonic face rushes at me and I scream.