Will The Truth Set You Free?

Four days has passed. I was recovering fast enough, plus I hardly felt pain on my chest. The headaches came once in a while. It hurt so bad whenever it came but doctors were on ground to ensure that it doesn’t hurt more than it should. T had the best doctors plus a huge supply of meds; meds that work for just anything curable. He was prepared for whatever it was he was interested in achieving. He had been doing this for 2 years. He was definitely getting funded by powerful people, because someone with an operation as big as this would definitely be backed by powerful people who would cover for him whenever he was in trouble. 

I didn’t know where we were. Apparently, none of us knew. Except some very high-ranking members of the group. Nobody was allowed to bring in gadgets from outside. The only gadgets used were provided by T himself. He was very careful so as not to be tracked. He would blindfold everyone when they are about to go out and when they get to a major road, the blindfolds will be taken off and they will continue with their movement. T made that rule so that the base would be protected. He didn’t want anybody getting access to information that they could expose to the police if they get arrested. Information regarding movements too were limited to the high-ranking members. The information sent out were specific for different officials. That way, the information wasn’t going to be exposed to the authorities, and if the authorities get any information, the leak can easily be traced. To my knowledge, only two people had access to all the information; T and Ada. 

I was amazed and impressed at the way he ran things, and it made me understand why he was never caught. As a matter of fact, he was never under the radar of the police. The police only knew Ada. According to my knowledge, the state police thought Ada was working alone. That’s one of the reasons she was hunted. All the investigations surrounding her always led to dead ends. It was Ada who told me that they always threw the police off them with wrong leads. The police had a huge file on Ada but according to her, most of them were filled with wrong information. One time, they made it possible for the police to get her birth certificate twice, except that the certificates was from two different hospitals and both had different birthdays on them. Both hospitals believed that their file was right as it wasn’t easy to get the certificate and there was no error. Genius. They forged the certificates of the top two most prestigious hospitals in the state,

I got access to this information because T felt like I deserved to know. I mean, I was on the radar of the police already. And he uses that to his advantage. He had recruited Ada after he got information about her attacks on the police. The police already knew her so he made her the face of the operation. He had devised plans to do the same with me as I was also on the radar of the police. According to him, when people are bent on seeing only what they want to see, make it real.

Two days after my hospital break, my picture and Ada’s were posted on the local news network and we were referred to as criminals. The local news did a 10-minute awareness campaign on us and how we were dangerous. They requested that any information about us should be brought to the police and that we should be treated as fugitives. 

I watched that campaign with disgust as my name was tarnished by the media and my reputation ruined. I never did any of the things they mentioned. They had called me a low-ranking policeman with almost no value to them and it made me pissed as hell because obviously, I won an award when I was graduating from the police academy. They said that I sold out information to Ada and that they had always chased Ada but to no avail, because I had secretly been feeding information to her. I was surprised but Ada just laughed at my surprise.

“I told you that you’re an idiot” she said and left the room. T threw a stress ball my way and smiled.

“Take out your anger on the ball and get back to me. I love the fact that you now know what you mean to them.” He said and went after Ada.