X

(Authors Note:This chapter is where the drama starts,and you will find out who "him" is in a few chapters)

After school Sarah comes over and is completely surprised to de a German Shepard pup run up and start barking.After I explain it in a nutshell she wants to be with Artemis the whole time

"Say focused."

"But she is so cute."

"Homework.

"But..."

I interrupted her by taking Artemis away and running into my room,Sarah casing after me.After we finished homework my dad got home and she had to leave.Something is wrong with him.I don't what to admit it but he looks like...

My thoughts are interrupted by a crash.Kitchen.Dad.He is passed out on the floor with his bag across the floor.I probably shouldn't but,I go through the bag,everything is normal besides the...bottle. He doesn't seem like the person who would drink but again I don't talk to him much.He starts to rise of the floor even though he is intoxicated he knows what I'm doing.At first he just stares then realized that I found out his"secret" and he starts to run at me.Im not in track but I'm good at running.I run up the stairs and lock my door he pounds on it and after a while then he goes away.Then I remember.Artemis.I look around my room and she is not in here.Panic.No.My old self would,but through all my problems that have gone on in the last month I have learned to stay calm and collected.I open my door slightly and peek my head out.Clear.I walk as quietly down stairs as possible then I freeze.He is standing there he doesn't know I'm there and his back is turned.I have to think quickly.Go back up stairs or sneak around him.Decide,decide,decide.Decided.I quietly sneak around him,he seems to be on the phone with someone but I don't care so I tip toe over to Artemis's house.She's not there.She runs out of the kitchen up the stairs,her collar ringing.He turns.I hid quickly,hoping he doesn't see me he goes back to his conversation.I slide back up stairs quietly and lock the door.Breathe.An hour later I hear the door shut and then yelling.Mom.I run down stairs and stop.Their fighting.Mom has a mark on the outside of her arm.No.He didn't.He...He couldn't have.He hit her.

"Sage honey go back up to your room."

I see the panic in her eyes as she says it.I run up stairs and call the police.An hour later they...they are arresting him.After he is gone my mom looks at me and says

"Tha...thank you honey."

"Wha...what was wrong with him?"

"It...its been going on for awhile,but it's ok he is not coming back...it...its ok."

After that I don't have the strength to eat and just go to bed.Its 7:00,so early but there is so much on my mind,I need time to relax.So many things on my mind.Cecilia.Tyson.Insanity.Dad.And...and I can't even worry about that right now but it all I can think of...him.