Chapter 3: A ranch affair.

Take a deep breath. Submerge. Be still. Think. Don't think. Open your eyes. Get out of the water. NOW! Loud gasp. A deep breath.
" What time is it?" Grace wondered. She took one look at her phone. 1800 hrs.
" Ah, shit!", she cursed out, "Bloody hell, I'm late."
Grace got out of the tub, dried herself, wore her bathrobe, and proceeded to her closet. She had arrived earlier on in the afternoon at Marlcaster ranch since Rose, Heritage's mum had insisted that she must perform for the audience she was having at her soirée. She'd been settled in the guest house which she was not common but oh well, they had their reasons. There was a knock at her door. She knew it was probably her stylist Dennis, so she yelled for him to come in.
" Dennis I'm so glad you could make it, I'm really sorry if I've kept you waiting at the door. The bath was so nice that I lost track of time in there", Grace said.
" Oh I'm sure Dennis would have understood that you needed your rest after such a successful tour."
It was him. It had to be him. That was his voice. Grace walked briskly to the bed area and there standing just a few metres from the door was Githaka. She was overwhelmed by her emotions that she just screamed.
" GITHAKAAAAA!"
" Hello , princess."
She ran towards him and hugged him. She let her arms linger around his neck as she whispered softly in his ears, " I've missed you, Grizzly." Those words alone sent shivers down his neck and he struggled against his nature as the thought of grabbing her and pinning her down to the bed was so insistent on his mind. But he couldn't. He wouldn't. Not with those green eyes on her beautiful, childlike face gazing up to him. The innocence in them seemed to plead for his mercy yet at the same time begging for him to touch her. He allowed his fingers to trail her milky, light smooth skin on her face. She leaned towards his touch allowing a soft moan to escape from her lips.
" God! This woman" he thought.
He could not resist the urge anymore, he had to have her. She was his for the taking. She had given herself to him time and time again and this time was no different. He trailed her now parted thighs and let his touch linger from one side to the other. Slowly, he let his fore finger go further up, till he reached her vulva. She was warm and wet already. He slid his finger in Another moan. He continued his up and down motion whilst asking her,
" Tell me how much you missed me ?"
" I missed ... Ah! I missed you Grizzly. I missed you much. AAH!", she replied in the midst of her exclaims of delight.
That was all Githaka needed to hear. He carried her up allowing her legs to wrap themselves around his waist. He kissed her then laid her bare on the bed.
" Fuck. You're so beautiful ", he exclaimed.
He quickly slipped out of his green cargo pants, his military t-shirt and his black cotton briefs. He wanted to take his time with her, teasing her till she begged for him to be inside of her. He was tender at first. He took his time, teasing her with his tongue, rubbing her clit, lulling her with gentle kisses all over her body, sucking her firm, erect, pink nipples, fingering her slowly then increasing the pace steadily, never allowing her to climax. And just as she started slow down, he turned her over, arched her back , pushed her bum up, and slid inside of her. At first he was slow, allowing her to be able to fully take him in. Then he went deeper, harder, with unremitting thrusts.
" AAH! FUCK YES! don't stop, don't stop , GITHAKA DON'T STOP"
Grace's pleas were heard alright, and he didn't stop. He continued his thrusts till she exploded into cries of surrender. Githaka felt the rush in his body. He was about to cum and so was Grace.
" Cum with me Grace. Fuck! Baby cum with me " he exclaimed.
3,2,1...
Githaka, lay on his back on the bed as Grace lay on top of him. She could stay like this, forever. Naked and hot with Githaka by her side. Githaka tucked in one of her strands behind her ear and looked at her small body curled up against him.
" How was the tour, princess?"
" It was fine. For Good Friday, we played at Ngong racecourse. Saturday and Sunday I was at Nakuru performing at the Easter festival in Afraha stadium. Easter Monday we performed at Whitesands in Bamburi. "
" And what about Kisumu?"
" What about it?"
"Didn't you perform at the golf club ?"
" I did, on the 11th. I think it was a Saturday, or was it Friday? I really can't keep up anymore."
He kissed her forehead. He knew how much she liked attention. She looked up to him with that innocent gaze that had pulled him in from the very beginning. But there was something more to it.
" What happened? What aren't you telling me?"
" Nothing. I just ... I'd thought you'd miss my birthday seeing how much you've been traveling lately."
" Si it's business. I can't stop my seniors from sending me out whenever they want."
" Right."
And with that Grace stood up and put on her robe hurriedly, walking towards her walk in closet. Githaka knew he was in trouble. He got off the bed, stood up and put his clothes back on. He leaned on the doorway that led to the closet, closely watching Grace as she sorted out her dresses for the evening. He saw her small fits and her mumbling, and knew he had struck a nerve with his words. He strode towards her, and came up on her from behind.
" Talk to me. What's up?"
" I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm supposed to be turning 20 tomorrow and I don't know what to do with myself. Everyone thinks 'Oh how lucky she is. She is young and famous. She has her life well put together'. I don't have anything put together. I can't even choose one fuckin' bloody dress. And they are all the same fuckin' colour. Why are they in the same colour?"
Grace burst into tears and turned herself to hug him, and just stood there, crying on his chest and he let her. He'd seen Grace's outbursts before, especially when the pressure was on her from all sides. He knew, that it would be over soon and then he could talk to her, calmly. For now all he could do was soothe her down and reassure her it was going to be okay. When she'd calmed down, he sat her down at her vanity and gently said some words of affirmation to settle her spirit.
" Princess, you have to believe in yourself at every turn of your life. Your success, your failures, they're nobody else's, ni zako tu. And nobody, not even I have a say about it. So what, you're turning twenty. Si must , you figure out everything all at once. You're still young. Usijiweke that kind of pressure. Now, what do we say when the shadows grow big and dark and threatening?"
" My light will shine in the dark, and the darkness will not overcome me."
" Good girl. Now, Funga macho."
Grace obeyed and closed her eyes. Githaka took out a square, royal blue, velvet box and placed it on her smooth hands. It felt heavy. Grace opened her eyes and made a quizzical face to Githaka.
" Don't worry, it's a good surprise. I promise."
Grace was not assured by that comment seeing as how most of Githaka surprises usually ended up being either too weird or too manly or downright scary.
" The last time you said that, I ended up with a snake draping my arms."
Githaka laughed at this as he remembered how much of a pandemonium, Grace had caused at the snake park in the Kenya National Museum and Cultural center. Talk about drama. Grace just dropped the snake and ran like hell out of that place. It would have been funny, if it wasn't the fact that a poisonous snake was now on the floor wriggling itself towards him. Talk about being saved in the nick of time.
" Don't worry this time this snake won't bite" , Githaka laughed heartily not being able to contain himself any longer.
" Grizzly, honestly. "
" Princess, trust me, just open it."
Grace opened the box hesitantly. Immediately she saw the contents, she gasped.
" How...?"
" I made a call and took a detour to Italy. "
In the box lay an original custom shaped Bulgari diamond necklace with an oval cut sapphire at the middle.
" It's beautiful. Oh Grizzly. Thank you", Grace said.
" You're welcome. Here, let me me put it on for you."
Grace turned around, her back facing him and quickly lifted her massive tea-brown hair, to allow Githaka to the necklace on her neck.
" There, done."
" Oh . I love it. Truly. I'll wear it tonight."
"I wasn't expecting you not to, princess"
And as nature would have it, they were interrupted by Heritage who caught them wrapped in each others arms.
" Mm ,mmh. Grace, Dennis is here to help you get ready ", Heritage announced.
" Do show him in. We are running late after all ", Grace said.
" Right. Githaka!" Heritage said his burning gaze falling on Githaka.
" Mambo H, uko aje? "
" It's Heritage to you "
" Okay, bruv "
Grace left the room to fetch something downstairs.
"By the way how's Wendy?" Githaka said, "Sijaona uyo poko wako uku leo."
" Heri wangu najua ni malaya akona class tena mloyal. Huwezi sema the same for your harlot of a wife. Si ni juzi tu nimempata coast na beach boy fulani. And before that, alikuwa anadinywa na farm hand wako. Ama unathani sijui izi shiet.
"Simama lane yako, bro!"
" Cheki. Bro! Kanairo nzima ishajua we ni msee mbwakni. Utaishi kunusia mbogi genje, lakini hutawai make. And it's only a matter of time before Grace reads through your bullshit act. Saa ishia, enda kaskie vibaya uko kwenyu, na ao mamorio wako. Kudadadeki. Nkt!" , Heritage clapped back.
"Are you guys okay? "Grace asked. She had come in only to find Heritage and Githaka looking at each other like two alpha males ready to pounce on each other.
" Yes, princess. We are okay. I'll see you out there ",Githaka said. He kissed her forehead then stepped out of the room and proceeded to the Marlcaster flower gardens.
"I'll send Dennis right up Grace," Heritage said with a finality.
" Are you sure you're okay Heritage?" Grace inquired seeing as how Heritage's ears were red.
" I'm okay. I just need to ensure that everything is well set up in the gardens for your performance. Don't take too long. You have to be on stage by 2230hrs."
" Okay I won't."
***
The Marlcaster ranch was located in Naivasha with its vast lands spreading across 22,000 acres of land. It was divided into two sections: the grazing lands and the residential area. The residential area comprised of the Marlcaster manor, the servant quarters, the guest house, the floral gardens and the barn. Grace took a sneak peek and saw that the stage had already been set up and people from all walks of life were gathered there. People were busy taking their seats and conversing with each other.
" Babe, you look amazing", Dennis, her stylist commented.
" Well I should hope so," Grace said.
Grace had worn a corseted midnight blue dress that went along with the curves on her body and accentuated her hips. The dress had one arm , in the right, with a train draping from the shoulder to the back. Her straight brown hair, had been made into a fancy bun, with two curled strands falling on her forehead. She had been lent a pair of sapphire earrings by Mrs. Marlcaster, which went hand in hand with the necklace Githaka had given her, and the diamond ring on her fore finger which had a sapphire stone on it. Her green, siren eyes, were highlighted by the heavy dark blue eyeliner, which complemented her nude face beat. Both her toe and finger nails had been painted red which matched the shade of red on her lips. This wasn't just any red lipstick, it was Fenty's VMP. 1. Talk about standing out. She'd worn 4 inch stilettos which were in the same colour as her dress. To finish off her evening look, Dennis applied Tom Ford's perfume Lost Cherry whose scent was bound to have people turn to look at Grace.
It was now 10:30 pm and Grace had not been seen outside of her room. Heritage burst in there, ranting about how women were always taking their time and ended up being tardy. But he was so left speechless when he saw Grace.
" Well? " Grace asked
" Grace, yo.. your beautiful." Heritage stuttered.
He extended to her, his right arm, and she wrapped her left arm on him. Together they made their way to the garden. As they passed through, people stopped in mid conversation to look at Grace. She was stunning. In a few moments she took the stage and performed for these elite houses of the Rift, who had been cordially invited by the Marlcasters for a private concert at their home. She sang for the next hour, and completed her performance with a classic song or as they were known in Kenya, zilizopendwa.

Kweli Musa, uliponioa
sura yangu,
haikuwa na alama,
hata mmoja

She'd been practicing that song for weeks, trying to perfect her diction. By the end of the performance, everyone was at their feet dancing to the lively tune. It was worth it.
She concluded her show, and fireworks shot in the sky, marking the end of the performance. There was a jubilant mood and everyone clapped their hands as they all looked towards the sky. When the clock struck 12 midnight, one particular firework, spelt 'Grace'. Another '20' and another 'Happy birthday'. As if on cue, everyone started singing

Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to YOUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GRACEY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

Grace was shocked, bewildered, and finally happy when it sank in. So this was a surprise. How clever. She would have never even seen it coming. In her mind, she had thought that this was a last minute performance that Heritage's mum had planned. Why the sneaky bastards! They'd known all along. Heritage came on stage with a 3 tier cake whose icing had several shades of blue and pink.
" Happy Birthday, Best friend" Heritage said. He handed her a bouquet of flowers and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
" Now blow the candles, coz I'm starving."
The crowd laughed.
" Na usisahau wish " a young lady in the crowd yelled.
More laughter.
Grace wished what any normal youth, who was financially stable, and had a career could wish for. She wished for mental stability and a love that would not depart from her. Whoosh! She blew on the candles.
Everyone clapped. Glasses filled with champagne were brought out and served to everyone.
" A toast ", Charles Marlcaster announced ," To Grace's twenties"
" To Grace's Twenties" everyone replied clinking their glasses as they drank to Grace entering her twenties.
" Well a toast to me then" Grace said as she drowned the contents of her glass.