The Beginning Of It All

!!!TW multiple possible triggers!!!

If you never let them see you in pain, they'll never call you weak. With that, my story might be different from what people expect. I've moved around all my life with parents that were losing their love for each other. My brother and I would play outside with sticks and wonder why Grandma always slept. Well, the answer is that she was always drunk. My dad would come home, eat, and go straight to bed, leaving my brother and me to do everything ourselves. My mom would come home and cook dinner. She never wanted to come home, but my brother and I didn't know. When my parents would fight, my grandma would take my brother and me into our room, lock the door, and try to block out their screaming at each other. Growing up like this, I was always independent. When I was younger I never realized how fast I was growing up, I was always called "little mama". I quickly realized I was becoming a stronger person, I think back on everything I've learned in life. I am now always using the things I've learned in many specific situations. I've learned these lessons from my own experiences, family, friends, and just watching what strangers experience. I would have to care for my grandma because she couldn't care for herself. When we moved, it was always the same conversation. My parents would say, "Luc, Chlo, we are moving again. It's a beautiful house, and you'll make so many friends." The only friend my brother and I had was each other. Sometimes we would have other people living with us. My aunt and sometimes my uncle moved in, and my mom's coworker moved in for about a year, but he didn't help much. I would always wonder what it would be like to live like the kids at my school. Perfect parents, loving families, and just plain unconditional love. I know now that there's no such thing as a perfect family or a perfect life. I remember one house that we lived in for a while. I was little, and it had dark hardwood floors with a staircase that twisted. We had a bathroom by the kitchen, but in the bathroom, there was also a staircase that led down to the basement. I don't remember the basement because I was terrified of it. In the backyard, there was a deck and a stone walkway. In the lot next to us, there were just sticks, dirt, leaves, and sagebrush. My brother and I ended up making a teepee out of some of the sticks. We loved that thing so much. It was a huge mansion in the middle of nowhere, a run-down house that protected us from zombies, or it was a teepee in the middle of the jungle that protected us from the cold, rainy nights. The teepee stayed up through storms, wind, rain, sunny days, and snow. To me, now that was a symbol of our childhood and how, no matter what my brother and I went through, we always stayed strong for each other.
Hello! This is my first story ever. I talk about my life growing up and my life now. If you like it please vote or leave a comment. If there is anything I could do better please let me know!