101 - 110

After finding out Curly Hair was not from Muzhou, many people began to voice their thoughts.

“Such a good dog that was born for sheep herding. It is a pity it is from a foreign continent. Are there such great pastures in other continents? Are dogs loved as much in other continents compared to Muzhou?! Therefore, this sort of dog should be taken care of by the people of Muzhou!”

“Someone else’s dog? Buy it! It is merely 50 million dollars. To many farm owners of large farms, this is just an insignificant amount.”

But very quickly, they realized Curly Hair’s owner was also very rich.

“Tsk, Fang Zhao’s dog? This sucks; I heard that little fellow is loaded? He was the one that meddled with Su Hou’s farm.”

“Someone asked already. He is not selling.”

“I just heard from a friend who does music. One of Fang Zhao’s compositions went for a fee of 10 million, and that was some time back. After his global lecture tour, his fees will be even higher. What now?”

“What’s an artist like him doing keeping a dog?”

The people who had originally intended to purchase the dog were dejected. What they were most unhappy about was that the owner refused to sell and had no lack of cash!

“Let’s wait a bit more. There is reasoning behind not selling now. After the finals, who knows how high his value will soar. When the time comes, let’s discuss terms with that little fellow. Who knows, it might work.”

“But after the finals, the price will not be what we normal people can afford. You large farm owners go ahead and compete. Us medium-sized farms will temporarily back off.”

“But returning to the main topic, don’t we have other methods to depress its value? Wager on another dog—who knows which dog might outshine this little Curly Hair at that time, and its value will not rise much.”

“Makes sense. However, in the Eastern region, which dog can beat Curly Hair? Gold Colt?”

“Gold Colt won’t do; its sheep-herding performance is still lacking. We can’t find any suitable in the Eastern region. Let’s see if there are any in the Western region we can wager on. Otherwise, the throne of most valuable dog in the finals might be stolen by a foreign dog!”

Those farm owners discussed in private how to suppress Curly Hair. However, the ignorant audiences online really liked this dog. There were no rules that prohibited foreign dogs from joining any farm’s team. This was because the Muzhou people had always believed only dogs from their homeland could herd sheep and that foreign dogs were all idiots. In this sort of competition that tested their IQ, other dogs would not keep up.

Until now, Curly Hair was the most well-liked dog among Muzhou audiences. Especially the scene of its horizontal leap where it flew. In the days that followed the competition, it was still trending on the internet. That scene fully explained what was meant by “I scare even myself when I go wild.”

Therefore, on Muzhou’s internet, many people liked to used “flying dog” to describe Curly Hair. They felt that the name Curly Hair was not formal enough and did not illustrate this lead dog’s special characteristics. Thus, a lot of the time, they called him “Flying Dog.” The best case scenario for the people of Muzhou was if someone could buy him, but even if this was not possible, everyone was eagerly anticipating Curly Hair’s performance in the finals.

Over at Muzhou’s side, this topic was stirred up , and even people of Yanzhou were contacted to see if they could provide a little more information. And the Yanzhou media was like a cat that had caught the scent of a fishy smell and reacted quickly.