361 - 370

Tennesh

Carter simply explained the matter to Fang Zhao and asked if Fang Zhao was able to borrow a car on his end.

Nanfeng had helped Fang Zhao rent a car beforehand, but the hotel was too far from the airport, so fetching someone from the airport would take too much time. In addition, the car had already been lent to Silver Wing for an emergency, and he wouldn’t be able to get the car back immediately.

Fang Zhao got Nanfeng to ask around to check if there were any available cars while Fang Zhao himself sent messages to a few people. He remembered Tan Min, so he sent a message first, as he wasn’t sure whether it was convenient for Tan Min to pick up a call at the moment.

Presently, Tan Min had just stepped out from a screening hall. He had wanted to learn from Fang Zhao and take notes while watching a movie, but he had only written down two words when he’d slapped his forehead. “I was nearly lead into the gutter by Fang Zhao. Smart recording software is available—why do I need to write with my hand?”

The main reason he couldn’t manage it was because his writing speed couldn’t keep up with the speed at which his brain thought. Tan Min was rather slow and his scripts were all entered into his computer.

Tan Min had just finished watching that movie and had recorded some of his thoughts regarding the movie via speech when he saw Fang Zhao’s message and immediately called back.

“I just finished a movie screening.” Tan Min didn’t say more and waited for what Fang Zhao had to say. He knew that Fang Zhao contacting him at this time meant that he definitely had a situation.

“I have a senior who will be heading over here to attend an activity, but the roads are jammed and he can’t leave. Do you know anybody in the area of the airport? Could you help send them to the venue?” Fang Zhao briefly explained the matter and expressed that he was willing to fork out extra money. With the current market price, although the journey from the airport to the venue was less than 30 minutes, hiring a local civilian vehicle was especially expensive, and the price would rise according to the urgency.

Hearing what Fang Zhao had said, Tan Min quickly told him, “All right, I will help you ask around and see if I have any friends who are passing by. Local cars are all booked beforehand and many are chartered for the entire day. It is all down to luck now.”

“Thanks.”

“Heh, welcome! All right, I will go ask around.”

About two minutes later, as Fang Zhao was asking others, Tan Min replied. “How many people are there with your senior?”

“A total of seven people and three 24-inch packages.”

“That’s good. I have a friend who just sent people to the airport. He will be heading to the venue to fetch a group, so he can bring you senior’s group along. What is your senior’s name?”

“George Quintero. The fare….”

“Don’t bother about the fare! Hurry up and inform your senior. It’s best to send a few photographs. My friend will be arriving shortly. His vehicle number plate is…” Tan Min passed on the details to Fang Zhao.

“Thank you.”

Fang Zhao didn’t waste any time and informed Carter immediately after ending the call with Tan Min.

Carter immediately contacted those at the airport.

George Quintero was dripping with perspiration as he waited inside a coffee shop. When he heard the communications device ring, he picked up the call immediately.