Chapter 3

"I love you shivaay" Anika said

Shivaay's heart was weak, to begin with, but he doesn't think it will be on duty anymore. he opened his mouth to say something back but no voice came. She told him "I didn't tell you for an answer I just wanted you to know. you told me, you must have regretted it. but just know I am not going to take words on it or take it seriously. it feels good to tell you, to finally take it out from my heart and lay it bare in Infront of you. you can tell me too just to take it out of your heart if you wanna".

 he really wanted to so he tried because of the kindness in her assurance, in the words she uttered. if this could stop the uneasiness in his heart he was willing to give it a shot. he knew if he could take words on it it is only hers.

He looked into her eyes and took a deep breath but words didn't come out of his mouth. She blinked at him assuring him that it was safe and she will never tell anyone then he said looking her in the eyes. deep blue mesmerized in the brown onyx. 

" me too".

 even tho it wasn't a complete sentence both knew the meaning. if the blinking away after tearing their eyes away was any indication.

 "so that's it and here It ends completely. no more discussion or going in rounds. and coming to the important point the wedding I really wish I don't have to plan your wedding again and again. So what is the date you would like and what are your preferences in the color palette, cuisine, places everything" she spoke in a single breath with a warm smile like the conversation prior was nothing to be sad about.

 I don't know why I felt like she already knew the end even though it hadn't started yet. It felt unfair in a way that he was the only one in pain or affected by this. the slight relief from the confession was wearing off. but he remembered Om's words if you cover it up it is only going to grow stronger and deeper.

 He understood she was changing the topic towards a reliable and safer one. "sometime after Diwali, I am fine at any time after that, you can ask preferences to tia. I am ok with anything other than pink" His answer was so basic. 

She smiled "As you wish sir".

He was shocked by the sir and she clears the confusion "I took too much Liberty on you from the beginning I don't know why so let's start from the first step and remain There. Yeah".

 he was not sure. like how can you travel so much distance together and then come back to the starting point as if nothing happened. he wasn't sure he can do that.

 she left without seeking an answer. like it was not a question but a secret strategy for their future even though it's not together. "as if you want it to be" his heart mocked him. He remained staring as long as she was in his vision.

 ~~

she was discussing wedding details with the couple on the poolside. it was proving to be an impossible task since non of their opinions or preferences match.  he wanted a simple wedding,  she wanted a statement wedding. she wanted a destination wedding plus a grand reception and he wanted it to be in the Oberoi mansion and done with it, yeah their opinions are polar opposites.

 Tia always did adjust to Shivaay's wishes. I really felt bad for the girl. even the color selection changed from bright colors to Gold, black, and grey. Tia stood up to take a call and Anika signed, shivay looked at her as if asking what was it for.

 she replied: "What,  I didn't think Tia will agree on everything like that". 

"I told you we are compatible"

she gagged "Sorry to break it to you, but it is not compatible if she is going with your wish in everything. it is just pleasing behavior. it is not fair sir. it is her wedding too. She should have a fair chance to express her wishes. at least give her the chance at her wedding at least. I don't think she can have any preferences after the marriage ".she started scribbling in her notes after that. 

It was not the things she said but the voice she used. it was very calm not that excited bubbly voice she used or the heated loud angry voice she used when arguing with me. It was deadly calm like detached from the topic itself calm. like it was just a view you can take it or leave it, she won't mind both. 

his heart dropped a little more understanding the words she uttered. after tia returned from the call the discussion continued, but shivaay tried his best to be more open-minded and accepting. which he had a very hard time on.

what is even more surprising is that shivaay accepted he is wrong without putting up fighting. he knew if omru came to know about this he won't have peace for a long time. but with practiced perfection, he shoved his thoughts deep inside his head.