My hand reaches for the door and I take a deep breath. I know my parents did see me and Archer talking. I hope that I satisfied them.

I push open the door and I step inside. Upon hearing my arrival, my parents bustle into the main room. I cannot read their faces. They're neutral.

"Isabella," Father says my name.

"I'm sorry," I burst out without even thinking. "It was immature of me and I know I should not have-"

I was rambling on before Father put up a hand to stop me. "Let's talk about this maturely," He looks to the side at a nearby maid. "Please gather our family. It's time for a meeting."

Our family is now seated in the main room. I am looking down at my lap, avoiding everyone's stares.

"What did you call us here for, Father?" Celine speaks up.

"I have news," Looking up, I see Father putting on a tight smile.

My head starts to throb and I reach up a hand trying to relax my nerves. I didn't even know why I was so anxious. Why my heart was beating fast, afraid of what my family thought.

"Isabella, your sister, is getting married," Mother rips open the bandage.

Kai looks confused. Elise is just looking down at her nails, not caring. Celine stares at me, questions racing through her mind.

"Married? At 18?" Kai scratches his neck. "Isn't she a little too young for that?"

"Of course, not now," Father clarifies. "But, she is engaged."

"Engaged to who?" Celine asks, sitting up straighter.

"Archer," Alex joins the conversation.

Upon seeing Celine's face flash with hurt, I glare at him for saying Archer's name so lightly.

"I knew it!" Elise exclaims with a smirk. "There was always something between you two."

Kai shakes his head with a grin. "Congrats."

"No, it's not what you-" I start.

Celine's fingers dig into the fabric of the seat she's sitting in. Then, I remember. She likes him. I am going to marry her childhood crush.

"Isn't it wonderful?" Mother clasps her hands together. "They are perfect for each other."

"Mother, please..." I tell her softly.

Celine stands up so abruptly that she pushes the chair behind her so far. Nobody seems to notice her as she leaves the room, her short hair covering her face.

"Celine!" I call after her with a sigh.

Elise scoots herself closer to me. "I can help you pick your wedding dress."

I try to tune out her words as I stand up, ready to follow and eventually console my sister.

"Bella," Father notices me. "Where are you going?"

"The meeting is over, is it not?"

"Well, your sister wants to help you with your wedding and we can sort out details-"

"You know what's funny about all of this?" I blurt out the question. "That you're all treating this as if it's a real marriage," My eyes go to all of them. "But, it's not. It's synthetic. I didn't know that my life–my marriage–was planned out all for me. It still baffles me that me—an eighteen year old woman—still has her parents making all the decisions for her!"