Prologue

AGES 6-7- THE REUNION:

Being the top two students in the academy always came with perks and advantages not many others had. Yura and Rina were always chosen first, not for their friendliness but because the school knew the two girls would always get the job done.

When the girls were first found, they and about 50 other girls were taken from a trade ring located somewhere in New York. All of the children were orphaned and were means for quick money. The group of children were from different ethnicities and backgrounds, perfect for the academy's future plans. They lured the girls with food and warmth that they had not received in months, eventually getting all of them transported over to Korea and eventually to the region known as District 9. From there they were placed in the all girls academy, beginning their training and lives as future assassins.

Rina was 6 years old when Hwasa noticed her. The girl was insanely smart and unlike her other classmates, was quite quiet when arriving at the new school. Her grades made her a straight-A student, but Hwasa was concerned about the child's socialization skills amongst her peers. After asking the young girl to stay behind after class, she was able to sit and speak to her. It was then that Rina had begun to open up to the older woman. She often spent her lunchtimes in Hwasa's classroom, going on about the different subjects and her personal opinions on Korean history. This sparked a flame of maternal instinct Hwasa didn't know she'd hold so strongly for a child. Rina was meant for much more than whatever she was offered by her superiors and she would see to it herself that this child reaches every dream she could think of. It was then that Hwasa decided to take Rina in as her own.

Meanwhile, At the same age, Yura excelled in the training arena. The small child barely had weight on her body when she first arrived, her frown did more speaking than any words and that gave her the reputation she needed to scare off her opponents. Eventually, she flew through her basic hand-to-hand combat and defense classes, sending multiple 6-year-olds to the infirmary. Once placed in the training classes with the 10-year-olds, Moonbyul's interest peaked. How could this small girl be breezing through some of her best fighters in the younger brackets?

Yura was asked to spar with one of the older girls, with Moonbyul and some other head trainers watching. The American child was so small compared to her opponent that it almost wasn't a fair fight. As they began, Yura showed everyone why she's gained the reputation she has. The child was incredibly fast and fluid with every attack, her hits held an impact that had the older girl staggering backward, and Yura never gave her a chance to recover. The fight and pain were evident in her small eyes as she moved, eventually winning her battle with ease.

Moonbyul's eyes held a lot of emotion as she approached the small child. This was the challenge she needed. It was an instant decision for Yura to become the woman's young protégé. As she took the slightly bloodied child by the hand she led her towards the infirmary, explaining how their relationship would work as Moonbyul's personal trainee.