Chapter 2

Alison's P.O.V.

I finish cleaning Randell's shoes as I hear the front door open and close.

Oh no. He's. Back. Shit. Fuck.

I quickly dry the shoes off and run into the hallway and down to his room and neatly placed his shoes by the front door as I was told. Then ran back to my room and jumped on my bed. Pretending to be asleep before I actually fell asleep.
************
I wake up to the sound of music. Ugghh why the fuck is that so loud and where the fuck is it coming from. I look out my window only to see a shirtless guy with his back turned towards me. Who could that be. No one lives there.

I shrug my shoulders remembering the rent sign being moved and get changed. When I check my phone. I'm awake 4 hours early. This is good. It's okay. I have time. I grab my keys and make my way to the window, and then jump. Fuck that hurt my feet. Fuck my abdomen hurts. So I start pacing trying to relieve the pain then walk to the back of the house and grab the ladder and bring it to my window.

I climb it and close my window. After I close the window; I move the ladder to where it was originally located and proceed my way into the woods.

He won't bother me until after two weeks. There's a barbecue being held at the house by the swimming pool in the next two weeks. So he's giving me time to heal in order to put on a good show and flaunt me around like he raised me right. As if he did any raising. The one thing I can say is he made me strong. So I have to give him credit there for at least doing one thing right.

I walk about a mile for like 30 minutes. Before I finally reach my tree house. I live deep in the woods. So there aren't any houses but, four around. Two on my side of the street and two on the other side of the street. I'm curious who moved in next door to me. The guy is probably a rich stuck up dude that's all about money, money,  money. They all are.

I'm finally free to do as I please without any consequences for now. So I take advantage of it. I climb the steps of my tree house and inside. It's pretty large. I saved money for about 2 summers for an escape. Which is when I turned 15 and was able to get a job. I'm now 17. I won't be 18 til the next summer.

There are two rooms, a bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen. It's kind of like a mini house. I made sure to have extra money to keep the where abouts kept secret. I surely do not want my dad finding out and tearing it apart.

I walk into my kitchen and grab my vodka gulping half the bottle. Enjoying the burning sensation in my throat. Now about a walk back before I start to feel that. Fuck now I have to walk to school. I'm not ready to wreck and die yet. It'll take me a while to get to school I didn't even think about that. Shit. Fuck it.  I laugh hysterically. Like a maniac. I walk into the living room and hook my phone to an aux and play the song die from a broken heart.

I scream the lyrics.

Hey mama how do you get a red wine stain outta your favorite dress.

Black mascara off a pillowcase, curing one too many headaches.

I stop as I've used my voice a bit too much already. So I walk up the stairs of the tree house onto the second floor up top and start working out on the punching bag.

Punch. Kick. Punch. punch. Swerve. Kick. Block. Knee. Push. Duck. Knee. Punch. Kick.

After about an hour of that I check the time. I have 2 and a half hours to get to school. I guess I should get going. I grab my keys and vodka.

As I reach the back of the house, I journey my way to the ladder. I begin my climb laughing and giggling. My leather jacket zipper gets caught on the ladder as I move up and I fall off the ladder holding my vodka high in the air as I hit the ground knocking the wind out of me. I wince and grab a hold of my ribs with my free hand while still holding the vodka in the other. After about 15 seconds I finally catch my breath. I look around to make sure no one saw and start busting out laughing at myself. "Nice save with the vodka Allison." I take a huge gulp hoping I won't feel that later. "I hope Mr. Neighbor didn't see that."