Hysterical

Written by me, Anna Kendrick, made a co-author by Beca Mitchell and Chloe Beale

Chloe's POV

I can't believe Stacie is pregnant. She has to be mad, or lying. Maybe she's having a hysterical pregnancy. What? That's a thing. I gotta find Beca and suggest that to her.

Beca's POV

I go round the corner, and slam straight into Chloe. "Oww!" We both fall in a heap on the stone floor. "Why do you think they say don't run in the corridors?" I stand up, rubbing my head, and pull Chloe to her feet. "Beca, I had an idea. What if Stacie isn't pregnant?" I shake my head. "She is, Chlo." Chloe looks impatient. "Let me finish! What if she's having a hysterical pregnancy?" I stare at my best friend in disbelief. "Yeah, that's not a thing." I tell her.
"It is, Beca!" She insists. "Don't act like it's not a possibility."

Professor McGonagall's voice comes through the speaker above us.
"Stacie Conrad, Chloe Beale and Rebeca Mitchell, report to the Headmasters office immediately!"

Chloe looks like she's going to throw up.
I can feel the colour draining from my face.
"What have we done?" Chloe whispers.
I can't answer her.

We enter the Headmasters office cautiously. The first thing we see is Stacie, looking scared and embarrassed. "Chloe and Rebeca." the Headmaster says. "I'm sorry to have to call you here. I am Albus Dumbledore. Someone, let slip that Miss Conrad here," he nodded towards Stacie. "got herself pregnant. And this was true. Rebeca," I jump when he says my name. "Yes?" "Rebeca, you were the first one Stacie told."
"Yes, I was. I found her in the bathrooms and she told me."
"And did you tell anyone else, Rebeca?"
"I told Chloe, but I told her not to..." My eyes widen as I realise that Chloe Beale, my best friend, is the snitch.

"Rebeca Genevieve Nicole Mitchell!"
Stacie screams at me.
"Genevieve?" Behind me, Chloe snorts with laughter. Damn. I wish I hadn't told Stacie my full name now. She turns on Chloe when she hears her laughing. "You think it's funny, Chloe Grace Beale?" She yells. The thing with Stacie is that she uses our full names when she's mad at us.

Rebeca Genevieve Nicole Mitchell

Chloe Grace Beale

Aubrey Faith Posen

Lilly Sakura Onakuramara

Cynthia Rose Sienna Adams

Patricia Louise Johnson

Her own full name is Stacie Jade Conrad. But that's not the point.

Chloe and I back away from her, hugging each other. "If these are hormones, I don't like them!" Chloe shrieks. "Why is the old man letting this go on?!" I yell. "What kind of headmaster does that?!" I look around for him, but he's gone.
"I can't believe you told Chloe! And Chloe! I can't believe you told everyone! I trusted you!" Stacie starts crying. I'm not good with tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I turn and run out of the office. "Beca, wait up!" Chloe dashes after me.

"I can't believe your middle name's Genevieve," she says as we walk down the hall. I stare at her. "After all that happened in there, that's all you can say?"
She giggles and shrugs. I sigh. "I can't believe I'm best friends with you, Chloe Grace."

Her eyes light up. "I'm your best friend?"
"I thought you knew that." I say.
She screams and runs down the hall, skipping and leaping like a weird gazelle.
"I'm Beca Mitchell's best friend!" She yells.
I shake my head, and run to catch up with her.